- OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- HIGHGATE HILL HOUSE SCHOOL
- Work Location
- Whitstone, Holsworthy, Devon EX22 6TJ
- Occupational group
- Teaching - Special & Other
- Salary details
- Dependent on experience, additional SEND allowance possible
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 40 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 14 December 2020
- Interview date
- on or around 21 December 2020
The successful applicant will be required to start as soon as possible.
This role will involve supporting children and young people to learn at home and supporting them to return to school. Learners may have medical conditions or mental health difficulties which makes attending school and engaging with learning challenging. You will be planning for a team of colleagues who visit the learners at home throughout the week and providing regular teaching and learning. We are looking for someone who is ambitious for learners to make at least good progress and able to design and deliver a bespoke package which is adapted according to learners needs and abilities.
The successful person for this role will be:
- Passionate about helping young people to stay safe, be well and engage with learning and personal development;
- Solution focussed and put the needs of the child at the heart of everything they do;
- Able to work with others and support colleagues throughout the school to promote the safety, learning and wellbeing of children and young people;
- Someone who enjoys working with pupils with social, emotional and mental health difficulties, including those with challenging behaviour;
- Someone who understands that behaviour is a form of communication and use this to anticipate, de-escalate and avoid de-regulations;
- Able to reflect on experiences and give and receive feedback to improve;
- Able to work on their own initiative, prioritising the safety and wellbeing of all;
- Committed to eliminating discrimination, harassment and bullying and promoting equality, diversity and inclusion.
For further information, please download the Job Description from www.hhhschool.co.uk/vacancies.
To arrange a visit, please telephone 01288 341998.
Please visit www.hhhschool.co.uk/vacancies to download the application form.
Your completed application form should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.