- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- School Posts
- Work Location
- Ashburton Road, Totnes, Devon TQ9 5JX
- Pupils on Roll
- Occupational group
- Teaching - Secondary
- Salary details
- TPS plus TLR1 £10,569
- Job term
- Fixed Term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- 01 March 2019
- Interview date
- 7 March 2019
We are looking for a passionate, inspiring and dedicated specialist PE teacher to lead our enthusiastic Faculty. This post is fixed term from May 2019 until December 2019 to cover maternity leave.
- The chance to work with great young people (predominantly girls’ PE) in a beautiful part of the country;
- The opportunity to lead and inspire our faculty of committed, professional and supportive staff to enable excellent outcomes for students, both academic and extra-curricular;
- The opportunity to plan and develop curricular and extra-curricular provision that enables the widest possible participation and successful outcomes in PE.
We are looking for an exceptional teacher to inspire and encourage all students in the ‘classroom’; someone who can lead a team of dedicated staff to ensure that all students have the opportunity to meet their potential, no matter their starting point.
KEVICC is a proudly comprehensive college with a strong record of inclusion, and is guided by our co-operative values.
We offer to all our staff:
- An excellent in-house programme of professional learning hubs run with, and for, colleagues across faculties;
- Bespoke induction and support programmes for new colleagues;
- Extensive links for professional development and learning across two teaching schools; the Dartmoor Teaching School Alliance and the South West Teaching Schools Alliance;
- Bespoke leadership development and training through our teaching school alliance links.
The college is situated in the South Hams town of Totnes with a wide and varied catchment area. We are a Co-operative College supported by our Trust; The Dart Valley Learning Trust. Please view further information on our website.
We would welcome any prospective candidates to come and visit us at the college.
An application form is available from www.kingedwardvi.devon.sch.uk.
Your completed application form should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Recruitment at the above address.
All applications sent by email will be acknowledged by email. Applications sent by post will only be acknowledged if an email address is included on the form.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date for applications, please assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.