- OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- TORBAY COUNCIL
- Work Location
- Occupational group
- Social Care & Health
- Salary details
- Grade K SCP 42-45 £38,052 - £40,858
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 01 February 2019
- Interview date
- 15 February 2019
The post of Strategic Commissioning Officer is a key leadership role within our team so we are looking for a highly motivated, committed and skilled team player to join us. The successful candidate will work within a Joint Commissioning Team to ensure that services which are commissioned by Torbay are safe and of good quality.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- To support the Head of Partnerships, People and Housing in developing a clear Commissioning Plan which is in line with the priorities and resources of the Local Authority and designed to improve and transform the services available to local people;
- Co-ordinate and deliver the commissioning cycle involving procurement, finance, performance and quality assessment teams;
- Commission services in line with the commissioning cycle, which ensure capacity and quality of service supply within the Authority’s financial parameters and, where appropriate, decommission services;
- Leverage the budget and optimise commissioning arrangements through facilitating service redesign and co-commissioning with other Local Authorities (OLAs) and commissioning organisations e.g. Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs);
- Undertake a range of project work to enable services available from independent and third sector providers to continually evolve;
- Develop and draft contract frameworks that will ensure the delivery of services which meet those specifications at an agreed/usual cost which represents Best Value for the Council, the South Devon and Torbay Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and service users;
- Represent the Council at local and national meetings/forums to promote the delivery of agreed commissioning and service strategies.
For an informal discussion, please contact Judy Grant on 01803 208725.
To apply, please visit www.torbay.gov.uk/council/jobs/applying-for-a-job.