- OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- THE AMBER FOUNDATION
- Work Location
- Ashleigh Court, Chawleigh, near Chulmleigh, Devon EX18 7EX
- Occupational group
- Social Care & Health
- Salary details
- £28,649 per annum
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 9am - 5.30pm
- Closing Date
- 29 April 2019
Amber works with young people in crisis - homeless and unemployed, often with a history of substance misuse, mental health or crime. Offering 24/7 residential support, we aim to inspire, to educate, to motivate and - most importantly - make possible. To offer everything under one roof that marginalised young people need to rediscover their potential and move forward with their lives.
This exciting Centre Manager vacancy, based at our Devon centre, is the perfect opportunity for someone with proven managerial experience to help our young people to positively turn their lives around.
If you are a passionate leader and have a can do attitude, we would love to hear from you.
Key tasks, responsibilities and outcomes:
- To have a great knowledge and understanding of the services for which you are accountable, and to ensure the implementation of better practice initiatives;
- To lead and manage the staff who report to you, ensuring that they work collaboratively to manage and lead their service users in an effective way in line with Amber values, making a positive difference for the young people we support;
- To ensure compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements ensuring appropriate records are maintained and striving to provide outstanding services;
- To maintain good working relations and represent Amber positively and progressively in dealings with a range of external stakeholders;
- To champion and celebrate good practice to excite and enhance further great working;
- To ensure the proper application of Ambers’ policies and procedures;
- To have overall responsibility for the financial sustainability of the centre;
- To ensure the delivery of a high quality programme designed to support our service users/young people into employment, training, education and sustainable accommodation;
- To build and maintain excellent relationships with other organisations, services, and employment and training providers to increase opportunities for young people to access ETE and other support as necessary.
Amber offers a stakeholder company pension plus non-contributory death in service benefit, and company health scheme open to all employees.
The safe recruitment of staff in Amber is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our care. Amber is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people in its care. As an employer, Amber expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All positions at the Amber foundation are subject to receiving a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and references.
To apply, please see the Related Information section.
Your completed application form should be returned to email@example.com.
Reg. Charity 1051388