- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Children’s Social Care
- Work Location
- Post 1: Yeovil; Post 2: Taunton
- Occupational group
- Social Care & Health
- Salary details
- 31,401 - 35,229 per annum pro rata
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- Post 1: 37 hours per week; Post 2: 18.5 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 27 January 2019
- Interview date
- 11 February 2019
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Nakshator Irwin: 07581 417024
Adopt South West Adoption Agency is looking for two experienced social workers to join our North Assessment Team based in Somerset in our Taunton office and Yeovil office. We cover a large rural area so there will be lot of travelling in this role.
The Adoption Assessment Team is responsible for recruitment, training and assessment of prospective adopters, supporting adopter’s family finding and matching, placement support and supporting them through to Adoption Orders.
We are looking for experienced social workers with good knowledge of:
- Understanding of the Adoption Regulations with preference for experience in this area (not essential, but keen to learn);
- The ideal Candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children’s services and be registered with HCPC;
- Be confident in delivering training as this will be a major part of the role;
- The ability to write a good assessment and be analytical in your approach;
- Confidence in presenting cases for Panels;
- Understanding of therapeutic parenting and DDP or keen to learn in the role;
- Good knowledge and understanding of the meaning of attachment;
- Excellent communication and listening skills;
- Team player and sense of humour.
We provide regular supervision and appraisals and offer training for personal learning and development. We have monthly team meetings with the opportunity of peer mentoring and support.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
This post is covered by the Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2018.