- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Children’s Social Care
- Work Location
- Based at our Children’s Homes in Devon – either Barnes (Tiverton), Welland (Barnstaple), Meadowpark (Exeter) or Hillcrest (Honiton)
- Occupational group
- Social Care & Health
- Salary details
- £10.41 per hour
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Various Hours
- Up to 37 hours per week, on a shift rota basis
- Closing Date
- 31 October 2020
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Melanie Powell - 07976 857816 or Melanie.Powell@devon.gov.uk
Make an impact where it matters the most – join Devon’s Children’s Homes as a Care and Support Assistant and make Devon thrive
Devon’s Children’s Homes are looking for caring and motivated Care and Support Assistants to join our teams on a casual basis at our homes across the county.
The homes support families who have complex health, physical or behavioural needs and who may have other additional needs. As a Care and Support Assistant you will support young people and be responsible for their care, support and supervision during their stay in the home in line with their individual profiles and risk assessments. Duties will also include planning activities, preparing meals, keeping the unit clean and tidy, and ensuring that the records of young people are kept up to date.
You will be a flexible, caring and motivated individual with a passion for improving the lives of children. You will also:
- Have experience of working with young people with complex special/additional needs
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding practices, and share our commitment to safeguarding vulnerable children
- Work effectively as part of a team, and be able to communicate effectively with young people, parents and professionals
- Able to deal with challenging situations and behaviour, and make decisions independently
- Be flexible to work on a shift rota basis, supporting a service that operates 52 weeks per year
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Glenn Lobb, Service Manager – Countywide Services, on 01392 383000 / email@example.com.
This role is offered on a casual basis through Temp Solutions, Devon County Council’s temp bank, and our Casual Worker Operating Standards will apply to any placement.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Temp Solutions privacy notice.
This post is covered by the Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2018.
This role is subject to Disqualification from Caring for Children (England) Regulations 2002 check.
For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.