- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Adult Care Operations and Health
- Work Location
- Community Based positions in Exeter, Tiverton, Honiton & Sidmouth
- Occupational group
- Social Care & Health
- Salary details
- £17,173 - £18,672
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Part Time
- Various hours available on a shift basis, between 20 - 35 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 28 February 2019
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Nadine Maddison, Deputy Service Manager on 01392 383000
Social Care Reablement (SCR) is a short term intervention service, supporting people to regain their independence through working towards personal goals in their own home.
We are looking to recruit reablement support workers around the Exeter, Okehampton, Honiton & Sidmouth area to provide a goal based reablement service direct to our clients in their own homes. The role includes personal care, accurate recording of visits and encouraging independence though various tips, techniques and equipment. The successful candidates will have excellent interpersonal skills, be committed to equality, diversity and good customer service. Team working and communication skills are essential.
In return, you will be part of a friendly, supportive team with regular supervision, appraisals and team meetings. We work closely with NHS staff and career opportunities are promoted. Full training in social care reablement is provided with a uniform and smartphone. Mileage and full travel time is paid. Weekly hours are guaranteed. Paid annual leave starts at 21 days per year.
Various hours available on a shift basis:-
- Tiverton- Average 20 hours per week
- Honiton - Average 20 hours per week
- Honiton - Average 16 hours per week
- Sidmouth- Average 22 hours per week
- Sidmouth - Average 34 hours per week
- Exeter - Average 14 hours per week
- Exeter - Average 24 hours per week
- Exeter - Average 20 hours per week
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.