- OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- ACTION FOR CHILDREN
- Work Location
- Occupational group
- Social Care & Health
- Salary details
- £420 per week and allowances plus additional tax benefits
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- 09 October 2019
Action for Children has a vision for every child and young person in the country to have a safe and happy childhood and the foundations they need to thrive.
We are currently recruiting foster carers in the South West. You will be a naturally empathic, caring and resilient person with the time and space to commit to a child or young person. You will be able to provide a loving and stable home for a child who can no longer live with their family, with the ability to see behind behaviours and work with Action for Children and other professionals to create the best outcomes for the child.
To become a Foster Carer, you will need to possess the following:
- Experience of working with or caring for children - this could be through family contact, being a parent, volunteering or employment;
- Have a spare bedroom in your home;
- Be over the age of 21;
- The ability to care for a child full-time and prioritise fostering over any other roles.
As a Foster Carer, you will benefit from:
- Outstanding 24 hour support;
- Extensive training and development;
- Paid planned breaks;
- Careful matching;
- Competitive pay;
- Support groups and social events.
Being a foster carer is no ordinary role and can be challenging as well as highly rewarding, for you and the child. We’ll be there with you, supporting and guiding you every step of the way.
Please submit your CV and contact information to fosteringwest.BSO@actionforchildren.org.uk to receive a fostering information pack and for an initial discussion with our support team.