- OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- ST CHRISTOPHER'S MULTI ACADEMY TRUST
- Work Location
- South Lawn Terrace, Exeter, Devon EX1 3DS
- Pupils on Roll
- Occupational group
- School Leadership
- Salary details
- L2 - L4
- Job term
- Fixed Term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- 27 September 2019
This is a temporary/secondment post for remainder of the school year. Permission for secondment should be sought from governing bodies prior to application.
Would you like to work in a vibrant and dynamic school, with a strong Christian ethos, that sits at the heart of its community? As a result of movement within our trust, we wish to appoint a Deputy Headteacher supporting the acting headteacher, governors and school community in all aspects of school development for this academic year. Your role will be to support the acting headteacher in the day to day running of the school with particular focus on teaching and learning and maths. There will be a small teaching commitment.
Working as part of St Christopher’s Multi Academy Trust, we can offer a range of professional development opportunities, whatever your career stage, and we are looking for leaders that relish a challenge, stand out from the crowd and really want to make a difference.
- A welcoming, nurturing school with a strong ethos and set of values that underpin all that we do;
- Children who are happy and motivated to learn and a supportive and welcoming staff team;
- The opportunity to work in an outstanding graded school (Ofsted 2015/SIAMs 2016);
- An exciting role within our growing organisation with the opportunities to develop your leadership experience.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of leadership that will enable staff to flourish and pupils to reach their potential underpinned by a strong personal philosophy and clear pedagogical subject knowledge;
- Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school;
- Be dedicated to raising standards and removing barriers to learning for pupils with the ability to challenge each pupil from whatever their starting point;
- Have high expectations of themselves and pupils with a positive, can do and proactive nature;
- Have a commitment to developing an engaging and exciting curriculum based on practical and first hand learning experiences, within and beyond the classroom making the most of our school grounds and local learning resources.
Visits to the school are encouraged. To arrange a visit, please contact the school on 01392 256669.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Disclosure is required for this post.
A copy of the job description and an application form can be found at www.stmichaelsacademyexeter.org.
When completing your application, please address all aspects of the person specification, particularly those in relation to our distinctive Church status.
Your completed application form should be returned by email to email@example.com or by post to the school.
Please apply by 12.30pm on the closing date.
We will then contact and arrange visits to shortlisted candidates during w/c 30 September 2019.