- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- School Posts
- Work Location
- Coronation Road, Newton Abbot, Devon TQ12 1TX
- Occupational group
- School Leadership
- Salary details
- Group 3: £60,895 - £71,590 (L17 – L24)
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- 07 December 2020
- Interview date
- w/c 11 January 2020
Required to start April 2021.
We are looking for an inspiring and innovative Headteacher to lead our thriving and successful school with its caring and inclusive ethos. If you are an experienced, enthusiastic and innovative Headteacher we would love to meet you.
Highweek Primary has been judged as a ‘Good School’, but our children say we are a ‘Great School’. With high attendance and an enthusiasm for learning, let our children be part of your next great career step.
The governors, staff and children are very proud of our thriving and successful school with its caring and inclusive ethos. Highweek sits in the heart of the community in Newton Abbot and is a creative and dynamic school providing an exciting, diverse and well-balanced curriculum.
We are looking for a Headteacher who is a true school leader, prepared to innovate and support our aim of inspiring our children to see learning as a lifelong experience. Our work around developing children into positive learners that embrace challenge, show great resilience and are able to reflect on their learning is at the forefront of our approach. Our strong partnership work with Challenging Learning is seen as a model of good practice, and this has led to us becoming a study tour school with visitors from Europe, US and Australia.
Our school has been on an amazing journey over the last 10 years growing and strengthening. That journey is continuing as we grow to a full two form entry school.
We are looking for a Headteacher with a proven track record of leading a successful primary school, demonstrating a broad range of skills including:
- The ability to create a leadership environment and school climate that promotes a learning culture for all.
- Continue to build the school’s reputation and standing in the community and move the school to a two form entry, including the development of a staffing structure to support this.
- Able to lead and further enhance the work of Growth Mindset and continue to develop pupils learning dispositions, through action research based on a clear understanding of the pedagogy.
- Maintain the school’s position and its reputation as a Challenging Learning Partnership school.
- Have an inclusive philosophy to supporting pupils from a broad range of backgrounds and need, but with high aspirations for all.
- Foster and develop good relationships with parents and the community.
- Have a good understanding and knowledge of SEND.
- To understand the challenges of leading a school with above average % of PP and SEND.
- To have an extensive knowledge of safeguarding and working with a broad range of agencies and professionals.
- To champion closing the gap between vulnerable pupils and non-vulnerable pupils.
- Can demonstrate they are able to support and empower staff to create the best learning environment for our children.
If you would like to visit our school please contact Mrs Jane Bassett on 01626 216300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
An application form can be requested by contacting Jennifer Ord at Babcock LDP on 01392 287296 or emailing LDP-AdminHeadships@babcockinternational.com.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.