- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- School Posts
- Work Location
- Lawn Drive, Chudleigh, Devon TQ13 0LS
- Pupils on Roll
- 423, Group 3
- Occupational group
- School Leadership
- Salary details
- L15 - L21
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- 29 January 2019
- Interview date
- 12 and 13 February 2019
Tel: 01626 852147
Inspiring everyone, learning together, achievement for all
Chudleigh Church of England Voluntary Controlled Community Primary School is a Local Authority maintained two-form entry primary school situated in a beautiful location on the edge of Dartmoor.
Required to start 1 September 2019.
Our highly valued and respected Headteacher has resigned and we plan to appoint a new Headteacher who will continue to lead the school from strength to strength.
The Christian foundations of our school form the basis of a safe and nurturing environment in which everyone is valued and encouraged to flourish. Our inspiring curriculum is designed to stimulate a lifelong love of learning.
We can offer:
- A welcoming Christian ethos;
- A caring, nurturing school;
- Dedicated and experienced staff;
- An active Governing Board;
- A commitment to continuous professional development;
- A great location.
The Governing Board is seeking to appoint a new headteacher who:
- Is committed to safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare;
- Has successful leadership experience in a range of primary school contexts;
- Is able to uphold and enhance the Christian ethos of the school, recognising the values which underpin the work of our school;
- Has a commitment to high quality teaching and learning and to raising pupil achievement, including that of disadvantaged groups;
- Can effectively lead innovation in teaching, learning and the curriculum;
- Demonstrates the ability to influence, inspire and motivate;
- Can build highly effective relationships within the school community and with other agencies.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged on the mornings of 15 or 23 January 2019. Please contact Frances Farley, School Business Manager, on 01626 852147 to arrange.
An application form can be requested by contacting Jennifer Cartledge at Babcock LDP on 01392 287221 or LDP-AdminHeadships@babcockinternational.com.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.