- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- School Posts
- Work Location
- Pupils on Roll
- Group 5
- Occupational group
- School Leadership
- Salary details
- L23 - L29 (£70,556 - £81,723)
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- 07 July 2020
- Interview date
- 21 - 25 September 2020
Required to start 1 January 2021.
We seek to appoint an exceptional Executive Headteacher with the skills, vision and passion to guide us on our journey of growth and development.
The Connect Federation was formed in 2019 and is currently made up of two (Local Authority maintained) Primary Schools:
- Clyst Heath Nursery and Community Primary School with 345 children on roll;
- Countess Wear Primary School with 327 children on roll
This post has become available due to the retirement of our current Executive Headteacher.
As part of the Connect Federation, you are part of an evolving journey with our schools and the communities that they serve and you will be joining the Federation at an exciting time.
The role of Executive Headteacher in our federation offers a fascinating blend of strategic and operational responsibility.
We are looking for a dynamic, inspirational and experienced individual to lead our federation of primary schools.
The role will require a confident leader who is able to support our passionate and dedicated team, maintain strong community links and inspire teams to deliver successful educational outcomes for children of all backgrounds and abilities. We need a strong individual with outstanding staff development skills and strategic managerial skills; someone with imagination, courage and enthusiasm.
- Be an outstanding strategic leader, able to develop and articulate the vision, values and ethos of the Connect Federation and will empower others to do the same;
- Be passionate about the learning and development of children and young people;
- Have a track record in driving forward school improvement;
- Be a committed team player, working in partnership with the Heads of School and enthusiastic and dedicated staff teams;
- Work closely in partnership with our community, our governing board and our parents;
- Have experience of leading and managing whole school issues;
- Have excellent leadership qualities, vision and a good sense of humour as well as a caring and approachable personality;
- Be able to inspire and support colleagues in order to build on our federation's many strengths.
For a virtual tour of the schools, please telephone 07999 583804 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to apply. Alternatively, an application form can be requested by contacting Jennifer Ord at Babcock LDP on 01392 287221 or LDP-AdminHeadships@babcockinternational.com.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.