- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- School Posts
- Work Location
- Chanters Road, Bideford, Devon EX39 2QN
- Pupils on Roll
- Occupational group
- School Leadership
- Salary details
- L1 - L9
- Job term
- Fixed Term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- 06 November 2020
- Interview date
- 20 November 2020
St Mary's C of E VC Primary is looking for a forward thinking, enthusiastic and experienced middle / senior leader to join our dedicated and innovative team as Assistant Headteacher with responsibility for teaching and learning.
This post is a secondment opportunity to cover the maternity leave of the current postholder starting January 2021 (2 terms minimum). Please ensure you have agreement in principle to a secondment in place from your headteacher / governing body prior to application.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to step up to school leadership and is non class based. You will have the opportunity to lead teaching and learning developments within the school as we continue to build upon the developments implemented during our recent changes in school leadership.
We can offer you:
- Hard-working, dedicated and enthusiastic staff and children;
- A very well resourced school, with a supportive community as part of the Atlantic Coast Co-operative Trust (ACCT) and a member of the DTSA;
- An experienced, resourceful and reflective leadership team fully supported by a forward thinking governing body.
- Be committed to developing the opportunities for all pupils and staff;
- Be happy to support the Church of England ethos of our school though our school values;
- Be experienced in evaluating and supporting the development of teaching and learning;
- Have had recent experience of contributing to school self evaluation and improvement planning;
- Be an effective communicator with the ability to articulate our vision and commitment to education to all stakeholders including parents, staff and external agencies (OFSTED, SIAMs);
- Be dedicated to raising standards and removing barriers to learning for pupils with the ability to challenge each pupil from whatever their starting point;
- Have high expectations of yourself and pupils with a positive, can do and proactive nature;
- Have a clear understanding of safeguarding processes and procedures and experience of multi-agency working with a commitment to the success of every child.
We would welcome a visit from you so that you can view our school. At the current time, we are only offering these after 3.30pm. Please contact Mrs Sally Westlake, School Business Manager, on 01237 477288 to book an appointment.
For an application pack and form, please contact Naomi Tottle, Headteacher, by emailing NTottle@stmarysce.co.uk.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.