- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Legal Services, Communications & Human Rescources
- Work Location
- Great Moor House, Exeter EX2 7NL
- Occupational group
- Payroll & Pensions
- Salary details
- £18,870 - £21,074
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 19 August 2018
- Interview date
- 29 August 2018
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Sarah Jones or Tracy Austin on 01392 383000
Delivering one of the largest payroll’s in Devon is a challenge but one that we thrive on.
Our busy, friendly staff deal with all aspects of payroll administration in offices conveniently situated close to the M5/A30 corridor and hosting many local services.
Ideally, you will be self-motivated, flexible and well organised with demonstrable experience of working to tight deadlines. You will possess sound literacy, numeracy and interpersonal skills with good attention to detail. Knowledge of HMRC legislation is required. Previous experience in payroll or a financial role is essential. Training will be provided.
Duties of the role include:
- Preparation of salaries and wages;
- Responding to pay enquiries and correspondence;
- Providing an effective, courteous and efficient service to clients, customers and other sections of the county council and external agencies.
Working for Devon County Council delivers all the benefits you would expect from a large employer including incremental pay increases within your grade, generous annual leave and other holiday entitlements along with flexible working, entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme, Childcare Voucher Scheme. To find out more about working for Devon County Council, please visit https://new.devon.gov.uk/workingfordevon.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice