- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- School Posts
- Work Location
- John Nash Drive, Dawlish, Devon EX7 9SF
- Pupils on Roll
- Occupational group
- Manual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Catering/Driving)
- Salary details
- £8,155 - £8,319 per annum
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Term Time Only
- 18.5 hours per week, 41 weeks perannum
- Closing Date
- 02 November 2020
Orchard Manor School provides education and care for 3 to 19 year-old children and young people with Communication and Interaction Difficulties (Autistic Spectrum Conditions) and associated learning difficulties. With both day and residential places we are committed to keeping every child at the centre of everything we do and to build a centre of excellence in SEN provision. We are looking to make the following appointment to our talented team at Orchard Manor School.
We are looking to appoint a part-time cleaner to provide a professional and customer friendly service to students and staff at the school for 18.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 41 weeks per annum. This post requires and early morning start to work alongside other members of the cleaning team.
The role includes :
- being responsible for a set of keys and for ensuring the security and integrity of areas of cleaning;
- maintaining the school environment; deep cleaning carpeted and non-carpeted areas, soft furnishings; fixtures and fittings; windows and walls; maintain storage areas.
- complying with COSHH regulations
- working in all areas of the school site. There may be a need to lift and move heavy items of equipment. The job holder will need to risk assess whether heavier items can be moved without the aid of another person or additional aids.
A full induction programme and opportunities for professional development will be provided. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check. Please ensure you read and understand our Privacy Notice, which is attached with this pack, before applying. We make appointments in accordance with our Recruitment and Selection Policy. This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Please ensure you complete the Orchard Manor School support staff application form which accompanies this advert. Applicants are advised that submitting an incorrect or insufficiently completed application form will result in non-selection for interview.
Particular attention should be made to career history since secondary education and referees meeting the required criteria. CV's will not be accepted.
To apply please see the Related information section on this web page.
Please return your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.