- DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
- Children’s Social Care
- Work Location
- County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter, Devon EX2 4QD
- Occupational group
- Management & Senior Management
- Salary details
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 14 August 2020
- Interview date
- 24-28 August 2020
- For an informal discussion please contact
- Darryl Freeman on 01392 383000
This is an exciting time to join Devon County Council Children’s services. Together with our service users, our workforce, and our partners, we’re working hard to create a culture of excellent practice, within an improvement Journey.
The Senior Manager (Corporate Parenting) is a recently created new role and will join a well-established and experienced senior management team. A primary focus for children’s social care in Devon is to ensure that for those children who are in our care and for care leavers, we are the best possible corporate parents, but that we remain focused on keeping families together wherever possible and to reduce the number of looked after children.
The Senior Manager (Corporate Parenting) is a pivotal new role, ensuring that preventive action and the most appropriate support for children and families is in place.
If you are appointed, you will be developing and leading an ambitious and challenging vision for corporate parenting services in Devon, inspiring employees, partners, and other stakeholders to deliver excellent outcomes for looked after children and care leavers.
Salary and Benefits
We can offer:
· The opportunity to lead innovation as part of our service transformation programme;
· Being part of an ambitious, skilled and supportive senior leadership team;
· Excellent training and development opportunities including access to one-to-one coaching and wider workforce development package to enhance your skills;
· Generous annual leave;
· Flexible working and other employee rewards and discounts;
· Local Government Pension Scheme.
The position involves being able to work flexibly, including some evenings and weekends.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.