Teacher of Design and Technology - Plympton Academy (Thinking Schools Academy Trust)
- Multiple Locations
- Full Time
- TSAT Teacher Scale £28,817 - £44,302 per annum
Required to start September 2023.
Applications from experienced teachers and ECTs are welcome.
We are excited to be able to offer the Teacher of Design and Technology (DT/Engineering and/or Food and Nutrition) opportunity for a high quality teacher to join our forward thinking teaching team at Plympton Academy.
You will join a committed team of Design Technology Teachers and will be instrumental in providing an outstanding education at the Academy. The successful candidate will be a creative and dynamic practitioner with a passion for Design Technology that enthuses and engages students of all abilities and ages, having high expectations of all students to help them fulfil their potential.
At Plympton Academy we believe in inspiring a culture of success for all, including our staff. We have a strong culture of staff development and support - high quality CPD, based on research and evidenced best practice, which is prioritised and supported through a tailored coaching programme.
We work collaboratively with the best schools locally and nationally so that all teachers continue to thrive and engage in the latest teaching developments and practice. We prioritise good behaviour and strong pastoral support so that learning is disruption-free, teachers can teach and students’ can focus. As a result, we are incredibly proud of our students and staff who love the challenge of learning, are equipped to achieve their dreams and take pride in their success.
What you will need to succeed:
• Be a qualified Teacher of Design Technology and able to deliver up to Key Stage 5
• Be passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
• Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
• Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum, both in the physical and digital classrooms
• High expectations for yourself and the Students ensure that all of our students achieve their very best
• You will be dedicated to ensure that all of our children achieve their very best
• An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
• Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
• Think about their Thinking
• Be their Best self
• Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
Click Here To view our Trust video to gain an insight into The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
What our Trust will offer you:
• Minimum starting salary £28,817 for all ECTs
• Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
• With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
• The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
• Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
• Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
• Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
• As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. As per KCSIE we will also undertake online searches for all shortlisted candidates, if you have any questions regarding this process please email email@example.com
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
We strongly encourage anybody who may be interested in working at our school to direct any question they may have to the PA to the Principal, Tracey Overton on firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information and to apply please visit Job Vacancies, TSAT Trust (tsatrust.org.uk)
We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
Interview Date: To be confirmed