Woodwater Academy is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools who actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a Trust, we offer excellent career and development opportunities.
We are looking to recruit a proactive and committed phase leader to teach within our Year 5/6 team and lead our upper Key Stage 2 unit.
You will work in a highly supportive team, within a positive and ambitious setting. Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be flexible are essential. You will provide professional leadership, direction and management for your year groups in order to secure high quality teaching, and the effective use of procedures for improving standards of learning, achievement and behaviour for all students.
This will include:
- Commitment to ensuring high standards, high expectations, high achievement and effective teaching within the year group teams;
- A proven track record of achieving excellent outcomes;
- Creating a climate which enables staff to develop and maintain positive attitudes towards teaching and their classes, and confidence in their role as a teacher;
- Monitoring the progress pupils are making and working closely with the team of teachers to secure the best outcomes for them;
- Liaising with the Headteacher regarding student progress and outcomes of learning walks;
- Working closely with other SLT members to develop the pastoral work of the school;
- Leading by example as an excellent teacher; delivering high quality teaching and learning, with a strong understanding of the curriculum;
- Creating a warm, welcoming and stimulating environment where our children are inspired;
- Being a highly inclusive practitioner, with a commitment to meeting the needs of all groups of learners and having a willingness to go the extra mile;
- Building effective relationships with our children, their families, staff and other stakeholders.
In return, we can offer:
- A commitment to professional development whatever your career stage;
- Children who display positive attitudes and want to learn;
- A friendly and supportive school community where parents, staff and children work together well;
- A popular and successful school, where our team works together to achieve the best possible outcomes and educational experiences for our children.
This is an exciting opportunity, initially based in Year 5/6, for an energetic, committed and creative teacher to join our strong and experienced teaching team and develop as a school leader.
Woodwater Academy is a member of Ventrus, a group of 15 Devon schools who actively work together on improving pupils’ outcomes collaboratively and actively supporting its staff.
Applications and references should demonstrate a commitment to achieving the highest standards for all, excellent teamwork, planning and communication skills; as well as a desire to develop.
Applications from teachers on MPS and UPS are welcomed. A TLR3 of £1,617 is available for the right candidate.
Interested candidates are invited to make an appointment to visit the school or talk to the Headteacher about this post. Please contact Mrs Rachel Olivant, Headteacher, on 01392 274147.
Ventrus Multi Academy Trust require all applicants to be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship/work visas. You will be required to provide proof of Right to Work at interview stage.
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.
To apply for this role, please submit your application online via https://ventrus.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2656740.
Please apply by 5pm on the closing date.
Interview Date: 23 May 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Primary & Early Years
- Salary Details
MPS - UPS £25,714 - £41,604 FTE (paid pro rata to reflect hours and weeks worked) plus TLR3 £1,617 (for the right candidate)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
1.0 FTE, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required