Woodwater Academy is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools who actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a Trust, we offer excellent career and development opportunities.
Woodwater Academy is seeking to appoint an excellent early year's teacher, initially for two terms, from January 2023 until the end of the academic year.
This is a fixed term position, working 3 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday).
Woodwater Academy is a popular and successful school, where our team works together to achieve the best possible outcomes and educational experiences for our children. This is an exciting opportunity for energetic, committed and creative teacher to join our strong and experienced teaching team. We have a large free-flow nursery and reception unit. It is an open planned space with excellent facilities indoor and out and a strong team of teaching and support staff.
Successful candidates will:
• Be able to create a warm, welcoming and stimulating environment where our children are inspired
• Be able to deliver high quality teaching and learning; demonstrating a good understanding of the EYFS curriculum
• Stand out from the crowd because of their positive attitude, energy and drive
• Be an inclusive practitioner, with a commitment to meeting the needs of all groups of learners and have a willingness to go the extra mile to make learning rigorous but fun
• Wish to teach a creative curriculum rooted in first hand experiences
• Be a reflective practitioner who has a commitment to working with colleagues to improve practice and outcomes for our children and demonstrate a willingness to join in with the life of the school and its community
• Be a good communicator, build effective relationships with our children and their families
• Have excellent classroom management skills
• Have a strong personal philosophy for learning that is evident within their own classroom practice
In return, we can offer:
• A commitment to professional development whatever your career stage
• Children who display positive attitudes and dispositions to learning
• A friendly and supportive school community where parents, staff and children work together well.
Applications and references should demonstrate a commitment to achieving the highest standards for all, excellent teamwork, planning and communication skills.
Woodwater Academy is a member of Ventrus, a group of 16 Devon schools who actively work together on improving pupils’ outcomes and supporting their staff. There are opportunities to build your career within great schools in a great network. This post will commence at the start of the Spring Term 2023.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Interested candidates are warmly invited to make an appointment to visit the school and can contact the office to arrange an appointment. Woodwater Academy Headteacher – Mrs Rachel Olivant Contact Number – 01392 274147.
Ventrus Multi Academy Trust require all applicants to be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship/work visas. You will be required to provide proof of Right to Work at interview stage.
To apply for this role please submit your application online via the following link;
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 6th December 2022.
All shortlisted applicants will be subject to an online search.
Interview Date: Friday 9th December 2022.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Primary & Early Years
- Salary Details
MPS - UPS - £28,000 - £43,685 FTE (This will be paid pro-rata to reflect hours and weeks worked)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart Time
0.6 FTE, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required