Our school is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools that actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a Trust, Ventrus offers excellent career and development opportunities.
St David's C of E Primary School is seeking to appoint a Key Stage 2 teacher for 2 days per week. This position will initially be based in Lower KS2 (mixed Y3/4 class).
St David's C of E Primary School is a member of Ventrus, a group of 15 Devon schools who actively work together to improve outcomes for all pupils. St David’s is a vibrant city school with a warm and friendly family atmosphere. Our school is situated just a short distance from the city centre and we make the most of our location throughout the year with regular visits and trips to many of the facilities that are right on our door step.
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, committed and creative teacher to join our experienced teaching team.
Successful candidates will:
• Be able to deliver high quality teaching and learning, with a strong understanding of the curriculum;
• Be able to create a stimulating learning environment where our children are inspired;
• Be a highly inclusive practitioner, with a commitment to meeting the needs of all groups of learners and have a willingness to go the extra mile to make learning rigorous but fun;
• Be a reflective practitioner who has a commitment to working with colleagues to improve practice and outcomes to benefit our children;
• Be willing to join in with the wider life of the school and its community;
• Be a good communicator and use this effectively to build effective relationships with our children and their families;
• Have excellent classroom management skills;
• Have a strong personal philosophy for learning that is evident within their own classroom practice.
In return, we can offer:
• A commitment to professional development, whatever your career stage;
• Children who display positive attitudes and dispositions to learning;
• Supportive colleagues who work effectively as a team.
Applications and references should demonstrate a commitment to achieving the highest standards for all, excellent teamwork, planning and communication skills.
Ventrus Multi Academy Trust require all applicants to be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship/work visas. You will be required to provide proof of Right to Work at interview stage.
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.
To apply for this role, please submit your application online via https://stdavidsprimary.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2713042.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: 6 July 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Primary & Early Years
- Salary Details
MPS £25,714 - £36,961 FTE (paid pro rata to reflect hours and weeks worked)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
0.44 FTE, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required