Location: Camphill Devon Buckfastleigh
Supported Living Manager – Camphill Devon Buckfastleigh
Join our fantastic team at Camphill Devon. We are a local charity, specialising in supporting adults with learning disabilities and autism. We are registered with CQC to provide residential care as well as a Supported Living service and have an exciting opportunity for a Supported Living Manager to join the Management Team to manage our provision in and around Buckfastleigh. The team currently supports 14 regular clients, grouped within just two locations. Some people require relatively short support sessions, and others, require continuous support within a shared living setting. It is important to the people being supported, that their team are consistent, know them well, and understand their needs. To ensure this, Camphill Devon’s Supported Living Service is not an agency, and all our team are contracted employees. This role is a management position, although occasional delivery of direct support may be required.
We require a manager with strong experience in leading a busy care team. They must have excellent knowledge of CQC regulations and a clear passion for providing exceptional personalised support to the clients. The manager will lead the staffing team, making sure the team is fully engaged and that their training is kept up to date. There is opportunity to expand the service further and the potential of developing a Transition Service.
Supported Living Manager vacancy details:
• Permanent employment
• 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Sleep-in and Responsible Person payments, on occasion when required
• On-call for supported living system payment
• Pension scheme
• Employee health and wellbeing service
• Free pool bike scheme
• Free allotment (we are based in a rural location)
• Free parking
Supported Living Manager requirements:
• NVQ 3/Diploma Level 3 in care or equivalent. Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with people with a learning disability
• Good understanding of welfare benefits and completing applications for benefits
• Good IT skills and experience of using Microsoft packages including Word and Excel
• Experience of supervising staff
• Ability to provide, where necessary, direct care and support to people we support in their own homes ensuring practice remains person centred at all times
• Be the on-call person for supported living
• To participate within the Responsible Person sleep-in rota
• Clean driving licences and access to own vehicle
Camphill Devon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults so successful candidates will be subject to satisfactory enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Applicants must have the right to work and remain in the UK.
Camphill Devon Community is an equal opportunities employer.
For an informal chat about the role, contact Kelly Westbury, Registered Manager, on 07825139173 or to request an application pack, or to send a CV, email email@example.com .
Interviews will be in arranged as applications are received.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSouth HamsTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£30,282 per annum (depending on qualifications and experience)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
40 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required