Specialist Teaching Assistant - Sidmouth C of E Primary School (First Federation Trust)
- Multiple Locations
- Part Time
- £10.98 - £11.39 per hour (Actual £15,530 - £16,101)
The First Federation Trust, a Multi Academy Trust of 19 primary schools across Devon and Dorset is seeking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to support children across the school. The children have Education Health Care Plans for needs including those relating to social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
The hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 3:30pm with half an hour lunch duty.
The successful candidates will be required to:
• Supervise and provide particular support for the pupil, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
• Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes.
• Establish constructive relationships with the pupil and interact with them according to individual needs.
• Encourage the pupil to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
• Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence.
• Provide feedback to the pupil in relation to progress and achievement under the guidance of the teacher.
• Support for Teacher
• Use strategies, in liaison with the teacher, to support the pupil to achieve learning goals.
• Assist with the planning of learning activities.
• Monitor the pupil’s responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed.
• Promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
• Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers.
• Undertake structured and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, adjusting activities according to the pupil responses.
• Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use.
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
• Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
• Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
• Assist with the supervision of pupil at lunchtime/ breaktime when required.
• Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required and take responsibility for the pupil under the supervision of the teacher.
You should have a good standard of general education, specifically good numeracy and literacy skills. You will be able to communicate effectively with children and adults, have a flexible attitude and can-do approach. The successful candidate will need to be a resilient person with a commitment to supporting a child in challenging circumstances and have a calm and reassuring presence. Experience of working with children with social, emotional and mental health needs is essential.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post. Our Child Protection policy can be found on the school's website. All shortlisted applicants will be subject to an online search.
Should you require more information about the position, please contact Alex Spraggon on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01395 514146
Please apply via the First federation website: https://www.firstfederation.org/vacancies/
Closing date: Thursday 2nd February 2023 at Midday.
Interview Date: w/c 6th February.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£10.98 - £11.39 per hour (Actual £15,530 - £16,101)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
32.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required