The Catch22 Multi Academies Trust is the vehicle for our sponsorship of an expanding number of academies focusing on learners who can benefit from small, supportive alternative education provision.
The Brunel Academy is a specialist provision for learners aged 11 to 16 whose needs cannot be met within a mainstream environment. All students have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) in relation to their Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs.
At The Brunel Academy, we believe that everyone needs the same three things to thrive. Our vision is a strong community where everyone has a good place to learn, a purpose and good people around them. We do this through high quality teaching and learning based on effective relationships that enable the achievement of life skills and meaningful qualifications. We believe that all learners have the ability to succeed and make the most of the next stages of their lives. We promote key life skills so that they have the confidence and tools to reach their full potential as learners and citizens.
Required to start as soon as possible following interview (subject to clearances).
We are looking to appoint someone who is enthusiastic, adaptable and resilient who wants to be instrumental in bridging the gap between education, social care and family links. The role will be both challenging and highly rewarding. You will oversee the day-to-day operation of provision for learners with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and provide professional guidance in the area of SEN in order to secure high quality teaching and the effective use of resources to bring about improved standards of achievement for all learners. You will also work closely with staff, parents and local agencies.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent administrative and communication skills to ensure that Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) are completed and in place and secure higher needs funding to meet identified needs;
- Attend multi agency meetings, CAF’s and Annual Reviews;
- Work with senior colleagues to ensure that the service meets its responsibilities under the Equalities Act (2010) with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements;
- Ensure that service policies, procedures and practices relating to SEN are adhered to;
- Liaise with external agencies, commissioners and other stake holders to communicate strategy and progress in relation to SEN and to ensure the academy’s overall effectiveness is judged by OFSTED as consistently good or outstanding;
- Have experience and clear strategies for working with challenging pupils;
- Design and deliver a SEND training plan for staff;
- Co-ordinate provision for individual pupils including: monitoring the effectiveness of SEN provisions; making sure the academy has up-to-date records; securing relevant services and funding; and promoting inclusion;
- Working with parents/carers and other agencies;
- Have the ability to fulfil the leadership and management responsibilities.
This is fantastic opportunity for someone who is ready for their next challenge. We are looking for someone who wants to grow with us and who has the passion and desire to truly transform our students lives.
If you feel that you have the energy, passion and skills we are seeking, please see the job description and person specification for full details of the role.
Catch22 and The Brunel Academy are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all employees, workers and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check. As with all posts, the successful applicant will be required to provide proof of their right to work in the UK, and, if they have lived abroad, overseas police clearance/s will be sought.
Because of the nature of the post, candidates are not entitled to withhold information regarding convictions by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exemptions) Order 1975 as amended. Candidates are required to give details of any convictions.
Your completed application form should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVs will not be accepted.
Please apply by noon on the closing date. Please note that applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
Interview Date: to be confirmed
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation SupportTeaching - Special & Other
- Salary Details
Catch22 Main Pay Range (MPR) £25,714 - £36,597 plus SEN Allowance 1
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required