Wave Trust seek a proactive Site Caretaker to be based at Glendinning Academy, in Newton Abbot to provide a safe, secure and warm education setting.
The primary role of Site Caretaker is to optimise property condition and quality to ensure the building is kept in a safe working condition. You need to maintain a high level of quality, providing maximum satisfaction to all site users.
During term time hours of work start in the afternoon ending in the evening, this changes during academy holidays to standard day time hours of work.
Our ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic team player with a good standard of practical knowledge, skills and experience of building and ground maintenance work in a school or similar environment. You should be able to demonstrate general working skills in carpentry, fixing locks, electrical, plumbing, grounds work, drainage, cleaning, painting and decorating.
You need to have a good working knowledge of the challenges of maintaining an educational setting.
What you will be doing
You will be part of our essential Estates Team ensuring that our buildings are maintained to a high quality and kept in a safe working condition. A good working knowledge/understanding of the challenges of maintaining an educational setting would be beneficial. You will be provided with a van and tools.
• Have knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety polices & regulations
• Plan and prioritise work including ordering materials and equipment with your line manager
• Use IT systems to communicate and record information
• Interact with staff, pupils and parents in a friendly and professional manner
• Organise and oversee contractors carrying out works on site
• Be an integral member of a dedicated Estates team to ensure that our academies are a safe environment.
For a full list of duties, please see the job description.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact the Estates Manager on 07818 015535 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any general questions email email@example.com.
To apply please use our application form available on our website Vacancies - Wave MAT and submit this along with the equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: Friday 10th June 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTeignbridge
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
D18 – D22: £20,645 - £22,794
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
20hours per week (During term time – PM start During school holidays – Day time)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required