Our school is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools that actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a Trust, Ventrus offers excellent career and development opportunities.
Woodwater Academy is seeking to appoint a SENDco to work 4 days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday).
Woodwater Academy is a popular and successful school, where our team works together to achieve the best possible outcomes and educational experiences for our children.
This is an exciting opportunity for a committed, positive and professional individual to join our strong and experienced teaching team.
In return, we can offer:
• A commitment to professional development;
• Children who display positive attitudes and dispositions to learning;
• A friendly and supportive school community where parents, staff and children work together well;
• An opportunity to build you career within Ventrus, a Trust of 16 Devon schools who actively work together on improving pupils’ outcomes and supporting their staff.
We are looking for a skilled SENDCo who:
• Is an excellent classroom practitioner, able to demonstrate high levels of effectiveness in the classroom;
• Has strong organisational, leadership and communication skills, and is able to offer advice, support and motivation to children, staff, parents and the wider community;
• Will lead and manage the school’s provision of SEND;
• Can demonstrate their ability to deliver the best possible outcomes for all learners;
• Can demonstrate their evidence of successful multi agency working;
• Will preferably already hold, or be working towards, the National Professional SENDCo Qualification.
Essential educational requirements:
• Able to inspire and motivate and children and staff;
• Able to form positive professional relationships with all stakeholders;
• A skilful communicator, able to manage tricky situations to achieve the best outcomes;
• Able to use own excellent practice to improve others’ inclusive teaching;
• Able to use monitoring to lead improvement in provision for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities;
• Commitment to seeking out and sharing the best methods to help the individual;
• Commitment to removing any barriers which might lead to underachievement;
• Ability to set appropriate learning targets and to support staff in developing teaching strategies to enable these to be met by the child;
• Efficient and organised;
• Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of our children;
• Commitment to equal opportunities, inclusion, diversity and access for all;
• Aware of Health & Safety issues in a primary school.
• Qualified Teacher Status;
• National Award for Special Educational Needs Co-ordination (desirable) or a commitment to complete the qualification.
Essential skills and experience:
• Knowledge of standards expected in each year group;
• Knowledge of the effectiveness of different intervention strategies that will meet individual needs;
• Able to use different strategies to maintain good behaviour across the school;
• Evidence of leading whole school improvement initiatives;
• Ability to interpret and act on data;
• Extensive good/outstanding teaching in a primary school;
• Experience of working with staff in a medium or large primary school;
• Experience of safeguarding procedures;
• Extensive knowledge and application of the SEN Code of Practice.
This post does not have a class-based teaching responsibility and our SENDCo is a key member of our Senior Leadership Team.
The successful applicant will work as part of the Ventrus SEND Best Practice Network. If you would like to join a friendly and supportive team, and work with children who are well motivated and want to learn, then we would like to hear from you.
We would encourage applicants to visit the school if possible or telephone Rachel Olivant, Headteacher, for more information.
All shortlisted applicants will be subject to an online search.
Ventrus Multi Academy Trust require all applicants to be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship/work visas. You will be required to provide proof of Right to Work at interview stage.
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.
To apply for this role, please submit your application online via https://woodwater.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/3245583.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: 4 October 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Primary & Early Years
- Salary Details
MPS - UPS £28,000 - £43,685 FTE (paid pro rata to reflect hours and weeks worked)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time
0.8 FTE, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required