We are seeking an enthusiastic, committed, patient and motivated person with a passion for working with young children and the flexibility to respond to the demands of a busy school environment to join our team. This role will be based within a KS2 class, where you will be providing generalist support to the class teacher and also support for a named SEND child with complex additional needs. Your duties will include providing support within both the classroom and outdoor environments.
This post is fixed term as it is linked to a SEND pupil and therefore is dependent on their continued attendance at the school and/or funding.
You will be a team player and will work within the Moorsway Federation Support Staff team, providing support to the class teacher in:
• Providing help with learning tasks;
• Feeding back to the teacher on progress made;
• Encouraging students to take responsibility for their own learning and self-care;
• Promoting development of self-esteem;
• Supporting children to lead a healthy, active life;
• Implementing literacy/numeracy programmes and intervention groups.
As a member of the Mealtime Assistant team, you will provide general mealtime supervision and also support a named SEND child on a 1:1 basis where required. Your duties will include ensuring their safety, as well as promoting the good behaviour of children in all areas of the school, including classrooms, the playground and the dining room. You will ensure that during a wet lunchtime break, children are supervised in the school building and a calm, purposeful atmosphere is maintained, with children engaged in appropriate activities.
You are required to possess the following attributes:
• A good standard of English and Maths;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Be good at both taking direction and using your own initiative;
• Patience, positivity and be committed to inclusion and enthusiastic about learning;
• Commitment to ensure the very best for our pupils;
• The ability to support colleagues, use positive behaviour management strategies and ensure the school continues its excellent provision for all pupils.
We are proud of our wonderful children and our beautiful spacious site that we use for sports and outdoor learning. We offer a friendly and welcoming team of staff and a supportive leadership team, with well organised systems for behaviour and curriculum.
If you are interested in finding out more, we invite you to contact Mrs Newman, SENDCo, on 01752 839373 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and to arrange a visit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Please download the application form below and, once completed, return to email@example.com.
Interview Date: 17 October 2022
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationPlymouthDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
TA: from £9.99 per hour, MTA: from £9.60 per hour (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
TA: 26.25 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum, MTA: 5 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required