Are you motivated by making a difference in children’s lives? Do you have the drive and focus to strive for outstanding outcomes for all children? Do you relish the challenge of leading a team to achieve its full potential?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Manager to join a passionate and innovative team. You will be based in our Children’s Home in Tiverton, Devon. As part of Children’s Social Care in Devon our Residential Short Break service focuses on promoting independence, social inclusion, choice and individual support to children and young people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and emotional and/or behavioural difficulties.
You will be responsible for one of four Children’s Homes providing short breaks and longer-term placements for children with additional needs, in line with individual needs and care plans. You will lead and develop our fantastic team of staff within the home and work closely with colleagues and other agencies to secure inspiring outcomes for our young people.
You will be fully focused on the needs of the children and young people in your care and be led by those needs in the decisions you are making. You will be responsible for staff compliance with training to ensure they are always delivering the best care for the children and young people within the home. The views and wishes of the children and young people will be listened too and influence the delivery of care.
You will have substantial experience and knowledge in working in a Children’s Home and take pride in creating a warm and welcoming environment for our young people and staff. As the Registered Manager you will have day to day responsibility for the home, and be able to understand high quality care, quality assurance and managing and monitoring of budgets. You will be able to manage, support and develop a team to ensure they demonstrate the vision and goals of the organisation. You must have excellent leadership, management skills and strong organisational skills. You will have passion, drive, resilience, and ambition to maintain and exceed expectations for children with disabilities and always want to strive to improve the home.
You must have up-to-date knowledge of Childcare legislation, Ofsted regulations and Quality Standards and Children's Homes Regulations 2015.
Holding a QCF Level 5 or equivalent is preferred although not essential if you have the right experience and a willingness to undertake this qualification.
Devon County Council
We offer an environment that is supportive and rewarding, working as part of a team who are passionate about the work they do to improve the lives of young people and their families in Devon. We offer training and development opportunities, with supportive management. As well as this, we have some fantastic employee benefits available:
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible, including working from home.
- Generous annual leave allowance.
- Employee Assistance for the times you may need some support and a variety of employee wellbeing services.
- Auto enrolment onto our generous Pension Scheme and optional pension enhancement through our Additional Voluntary Contribution scheme.
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work and health screenings
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc. More information can be found on ourEquality and Diversity webpages.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure procedure.
If you think that you have these qualities and are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you. For an informal chat please contact Glenn Lobb, Responsible Individual, on 07814 779948.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£38,553 - £42,614 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required