Social Care Reablement (SCR) is a short-term intervention service, supporting people to regain their independence through working towards personal goals in their own home.
We are looking to recruit reablement support workers in the Exeter, Exmouth, Honiton, Sidmouth, Tiverton, Okehampton & Axminster areas to provide a goal based reablement service direct to our clients in their own homes. Hours of work include alternate weekends, evenings & split shifts, for which enhancements are paid.
The role includes personal care, accurate recording of visits and encouraging independence though various tips, techniques and equipment. The successful candidates will have excellent interpersonal skills, be committed to equality, diversity and good customer service. Team working and communication skills are essential.
In return, you will be part of a friendly, supportive team with regular supervision, appraisals, and team meetings. Full training in social care reablement is provided with free uniforms and smartphone. You will get paid for the full shift. Mileage and full travel time is paid. Weekly hours are guaranteed. Paid annual leave starts at 25 days per year.
Salary (full time hrs 37.5) starts at £21.730 after two years rising to £23.177
Hourly rate - £11.11
Enhanced rates for
Saturday/evenings after 21.00 plus 35%
Sunday/public holiday plus 69%
Exeter - Average 37 hrs per week
Exeter - Average 32 hrs per week
Exeter- Average 30 hrs per week
Exeter - Average 26 hrs per week
Exeter - Average 22 hrs per week
Exeter - Average 10 hrs per week
Exmouth - Average 31 hrs per week
Exmouth - Average 14 hrs per week
Honiton - Average 22 hrs per week
Axminster - Average 15 hrs per week
Axminster - Average 31 hrs per week
Sidmouth - Average 34 hrs per week
Sidmouth - Average 34 hrs per week
Sidmouth - Average 31 hrs per week
Tiverton - Average 11 hrs per week
Okehampton - Average 31 hrs per week
Okehampton - Average 8 hrs per week
Crediton - Average 28 hrs per week
Shift pattern to be confirmed at interview.
For additional information and/or informal discussion please contact Social Care Reablement Team Leaders for Exeter & Exmouth - 01392 380593
Honiton Sidmouth/Axminster - 01392385888
Crediton Tiverton & Okehampton - 01392 381128
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- This role requires a DBS disclosure.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterEast DevonWest DevonMid DevonDevon
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
AFC Band 3 Salary £20,330 after two years rising to £21,777 Hourly rate- £10.40 Weekday evenings 20.00-21.00 - £14.04 per hour, Saturdays - £14.04 per hour Sundays & Public holidays - £17.58
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart Time
Full and Part Time hours available
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required