Located on the stunning Jurassic Coast and with the East Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty close by, Exmouth Community College is one of the largest secondary schools in the country with over 2300 students.
The College is seeking an organised individual to work closely with a Head of Year and provide pastoral support to a designated year group.
The post is temporary due to a Pastoral Review.
The post holder will:
• Support the Key Stage Team in a pastoral role.
• Liaise with staff and departments where necessary.
• Assist in providing a link between the College and Parents.
• Assist in administrative duties related to pastoral issues, including attendance.
• Attend multi agency meetings on behalf of the team including completion of CAFS and PEPs.
• Lead appropriate TAF meetings.
• Assist with inducting new students to the College.
• Mentor and coach students.
• Assist with lunchtime supervision of students when required.
• Any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post as may be required.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably skilled person to join the College and work in its community of highly motivated staff, enthusiastic students, supportive parents and knowledgeable Governing Board.
Exmouth Community College is committed to providing the best possible care and education to our pupils and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff to share this commitment. As part of our commitment, we need to ensure that all potential employees satisfy our employment checks. Please note that where appropriate, shortlisted and/or potentially suitable applicants will be required to undertake further checks. A satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure (with Barred List check) will be required before the successful candidate can commence employment at Exmouth Community College.
Please visit www.exmouthcollege.devon.sch.uk to download the full job description, person specification and the appropriate application form.
Your completed application form should be returned to email@example.com by 10am on the closing date.
Interview Date: Tuesday 10 October 2023.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationEast DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation SupportYouth & Community
- Salary Details
NJC Scale Point 7: £19,647 actual starting salary per annum (£22,369 FTE) MPS/UPR
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull TimeTerm Time
37 hours per week (term time only) 40 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required