Required to start as soon as possible.
'Golden Hello' - This is a payment of £5,000 to the successful applicant on the basis that they don't already work for the Huish Trust. It is paid in 2 parts, 50% on successful completion of the 6-month probationary review and the 2nd part upon reaching 18 months service. This payment is subject to normal deductions for tax and NICs
North Town Nursery provide high quality care and education for children aged 2-4, open 49 weeks of the year from 8am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
We are looking for candidates who are:
• Enthusiastic, hardworking and inspirational
• Passionate about enabling every child to fulfil their potential
• Well organised and committed to high standards
• Creative in their approach to children’s development
• Love working with children, families and staff
• Effective communicators
You will need to:
• Demonstrate excellent team leadership and management skills
• Excel in using observation and assessment to plan and deliver varied play experiences based on individual interests for all children regardless of age or ability
• Ensure all legislation and internal policies and procedures are followed and maintained
• Produce and complete individual Learning Journals for our children and demonstrate proficient IT skills for admin and curriculum needs.
• Flexibility is essential, you must be prepared to attend some after school and evening meetings, to work inset days and extend working hours as necessary.
Daily tasks will include:
• Planning, providing activities for their key children.
• Designated Safeguarding Lead or SENDCO
• Staff rotas and invoices
• Liaising with the Trust’s Early Years Leader who has strategic responsibility for children aged 2 to 7 years old
You must hold at least a full and relevant level 3 qualification and have at least two years’ experience of working in an early years setting. GCSEs in Maths and English are essential. Paediatric first aid, a current safeguarding certificate and a food hygiene certificate are desirable.
We can offer you:
• A committed, friendly and supportive staff team
• Good professional development opportunities
• Excellent benefits including a Career Average Pension scheme (LGPS), 6.4 weeks holiday per year (inc. Bank Holidays), Employee Assistance Programme, Free Flu Vaccinations & Cycle to Work Scheme
Annual Leave: 29 days plus Bank Holidays
The Trust reserves the right to appoint or withdraw this advert before the deadline, if necessary.
The Richard Huish Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Apply via: TES Nursery Manager, Somerset - Tes Jobs
Previous applicants need not apply.
Apply by: 9am Tuesday 13th December 2022.
Interview Date: To be confirmed.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSomerset
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupChildcare
- Salary Details
£28,371 - £37,261 per annum (Outstanding applicants could start towards the top of the range)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
38 hours per week, all year round. Due to the nature of the position, flexibility in hours will sometimes be required.
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required