Location: Based between Totnes St Johns Hub kitchen – Berry Pomeroy dining centre as transported service
Required to start in September 2022.
Due to growth of our well-established Catering service, we currently have an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic Mobile Catering Assistant to join our award winning friendly team at Totnes St Johns and Berry Pomeroy on a permanent, part-time basis. We are ideally seeking an individual that has previous experience within the catering sector and welcome enthusiastic individuals who are looking to develop within the catering industry. Ace Catering prides itself on freshly prepared, local and seasonal produce and providing nutritious and tasty meals for its pupils.
As a Mobile Catering Assistant your overall role is to assist the hub kitchen at Totnes St Johns in preparing meals for a transported service and facilitate the meals service at Berry Pomeroy primary School. This role requires that you must be able to drive and have your own transport. Travel expenses will be paid from the hub kitchen. The responsibilities are shared within the team and include preparation, cooking, storing, cleaning duties, delivery and presentation in order to support the catering operation and maintain the efficient running of the kitchen.
Required to wear uniform, as per Trust guidelines and as this is a mobile position, you will need to hold a Full UK Driving Licence. Accountable to the Kitchen Manager.
The role includes maintaining high standards and ensuring a clean, hygienic and organised environment.
· Basic preparation of food and simple cooking
· Serving meals ensuring correct portion control
· Serving customers in a polite and friendly manner
· Cleaning kitchen, it’s surrounds and equipment
· General kitchen duties e.g. washing up
· Using the equipment as directed by Kitchen Manager
· Preparation of dining area
· Ensure food hygiene and health and safety regulation are adhered to at all times
· Adhere to existing and new working practices, methods, procedures and respond positively to new and alternative systems
· Taking an active part in any promotions
· Participate in training and development
· Carry out ad hoc duties as directed by Kitchen Manager
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Ability to promote a welcoming environment to our customers
· Polite and friendly
· Work well under pressure
· Understanding of food hygiene
· Experience of working with food previously is essential
· Neat and tidy in appearance
· A ‘can do’ attitude, prepared to assist the rest of the team
It will be necessary for the company to apply for a DBS check at commencement of employment.
For further information, please email Charlotte Wilson People Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org
An application form is available to download from www.acexcellence.co.uk/ace-trust-vacancies or you can email our People Advisor email@example.com.
Applications must be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on the closing date.
Interview Date: no later than 23rd August 2022.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationSouth HamsDevon
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
£10.19 per hour + 45p business mileage (£8,712.45 per annum)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
22.5 hours per week (4.5 hours per day, 10am - 2.30pm Monday - Friday), 38 weeks per annum, term time only
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required