Start Date: pending pre-employment checks and notice periods.
Courtlands is a friendly and ambitious school which is part of Transforming Futures Trust in Plymouth which caters for primary aged children (4-11) with Moderate Learning Difficulties and Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. Our innovative curriculum is based on meeting individual’s needs rather than schemes of work, and it provides a wide range of curriculum and therapeutic input.
We are looking to recruit an outstanding teacher to join the team. We are looking for a teacher with a real passion for working with complex but rewarding children in a supportive and compassionate environment. You will need high levels of emotional resilience, and effective coping strategies born out of successful experience of teaching and supporting children with complex needs including Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties including ADHD and attachment disorders; Communication and Interaction needs including autism and speech & language difficulties. This could be in either a special school or mainstream school, with mainstream experience being an advantage.
As the Middle Leader & Teacher, you will:
- Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class ensuring equality of opportunity for all;
- Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils;
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children within the school and to provide effective middle leadership, supporting and challenging teams and reporting to SLT.
We welcome applications from experienced teachers for this post and although this position is not suitable for newly qualified teachers in general, if you are newly qualified and have considerable and sustained SEND experience in addition to teacher training, then we will consider your application. In addition to leading a class, you will have responsibility for a curriculum area or support a curriculum leader in their role, depending on experience.
Please head over to www.transformingfutures.org.uk to view all our current vacancies and to download the job description, applicant pack and application form.
Your completed application form should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview Date: all day 22 June 2022 and one hour on 23 June 2022 (two day process)
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationPlymouthDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Special & Other
- Salary Details
MPR1-UPR3 £25,714 - £41,604 plus SEN1 £2,290 plus TLR2a £2,873
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required