Our school is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools that actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a Trust, Ventrus offers excellent career and development opportunities.
• Local Government Pension Scheme;
• Flexible working hours.
Bickleigh-on-Exe C of E Primary School is a very special place to work, in a beautiful rural location, within easy access of Exeter (20 minutes) and Tiverton (10 minutes). Our popular village school is situated in the beautiful Exe Valley surrounded by farm land and the banks of the River Exe. The school enjoys extensive grounds, providing an outdoor education area, sports ground, pond and raised beds. Our dedicated team of staff and governors work together to create a school where there is a real sense of community and where teachers, support staff and learners can flourish.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of grounds and premises, with the option of additional duties as a cleaner (12.5 hours per week at grade A).
We are seeking a maintenance caretaker that has:
• Excellent communication skills leading to effective relationships with pupils, parents and staff;
• A personal philosophy which supports the ethos and values of the school;
• Knowledge or experience of working in facilities or premises management;
• Proven success in in painting, decorating, carpentry, cleaning, porterage, general DIY;
• The ability to carry out health and safety checks and maintain records and logs accurately.
We can offer you:
• Friendly and supportive governors, staff, pupils and parents;
• Opportunities to develop your skills within school and within our Multi Academy Trust;
• Dedicated and committed staff.
Applicants are encouraged to make an appointment to visit the school by contacting Wendy Humphreys, Senior Administrator, on 01884 855357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ventrus Multi Academy Trust require all applicants to be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship/work visas. You will be required to provide proof of Right to Work at interview stage.
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.
To apply for this role, please submit your application online via https://bickleighschool.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2712972.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: 6 July 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupManual (Caretaking/Cleaning/Driving/Catering/
- Salary Details
NJC Grade D £20,444 - £22,571 FTE (paid pro rata to reflect hours and weeks worked)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
18 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required