We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised, confident and solutions focused individual to join our busy licensing team.
The team is responsible for a variety of licensing regimes, including Alcohol and Entertainment, Taxi and Private Hire Licensing, Gambling, Sex Entertainment Venues, Street Trading and Pavement Cafes, Animal Licensing and Sports Ground Safety.
Reporting to the Regulatory Services Manager (Commercial), you’ll take a lead role in the administration and enforcement of the Licensing Act 2003 and Gambling Act 2005, as well as the opportunity to be trained in Animal Welfare Licensing amongst other licensing regimes. You will bring with you experience of working in a regulatory environment and a proven ability to work independently on a wide range of licensing matters ensuring compliance with our procedures and performance targets and demonstrate an ability to see tasks through to a successful conclusion.
You’ll be responsible for your own caseload of work and will undertake programmed and unannounced inspections and investigations and determine the appropriate enforcement action to be taken. The nature of the post requires a flexible approach with the ability to travel around the local area and occasionally working outside what are regarded as normal office hours.
You’ll be a confident communicator with excellent time management skills and be comfortable dealing with members of the public, elected councillors and other enforcement agencies.
You’ll be educated to degree level and have demonstrable relevant experience and knowledge, and possess a relevant professional qualification, for example from the Institute of Licensing, or substantial equivalent experience.
In return, as well as a stunning coastal location with the benefits of an urban style of living, we’ll provide a superb environment for you to build your career within a unitary authority, with lots of opportunities for corporate and partnership working and a commitment to your continued professional development.
Further benefits include:
• Minimum of 25 days annual leave plus additional bank holidays and extra days for additional service;
• A Career Average Re-valued Earnings (CARE) pension scheme through Peninsula Pensions;
• Commitment to a good Work/Life Balance with options including a flexi-scheme (in most areas), career break scheme, home and hybrid working, flexible retirement;
• Family friendly benefits such flexible working and access to childcare vouchers, paid maternity, adoption and paternity leave schemes (where eligible) and paid leave for fertility treatment;
• Equal Opportunities policies including Equal Pay;
• An Employee Assistance Programme which includes 24-hour access to wellbeing support and counselling;
• A healthy work environment with employee wellbeing initiatives at the heart of all we do;
• Employee Reward Scheme - online and in-store access to a range of local and national discounts exclusively for our employees;
• Professional support including coaching and mentoring;
• Cycle scheme;
• Eye care vouchers.
For an informal discussion, please contact Steve Cox on 07733 391831 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview Date: 26/27 September 2022
- OrganisationTorbay Council
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
Grade I SCP 28-31 £32,798 - £35,336
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required