Required to start Tuesday 3rd January 2023.
This post is fixed term until July 2023
Oldway Primary School is looking for a fixed term Teaching Assistant who is passionate about engaging learners and supporting them to achieve their best. We are looking to appoint a 30-hour Teaching Assistant to start at the beginning of January.
Oldway Primary School is part of the Riviera Education Trust which is a multi-academy trust consisting of three local primary schools. We work in collaboration with Roselands Primary School and Shiphay Learning Academy in order to benefit all of the children in the Trust. Working in partnership with other schools helps to strengthen our provision and provide educational excellence so that every pupil has the best possible learning experience and is prepared for future life.
We are looking for Teaching Assistants who:
● are extremely motivated, enthusiastic and creative in their approach to supporting learners in the classroom;
● are committed to, and enthusiastic about, working in partnership with other colleagues to deliver the highest quality support and ensure the best possible outcomes for every child;
● have high expectations of themselves and the children they work with;
● are able to work effectively within our hard-working, talented and friendly school;
● are able to be flexible in their approaches to meeting the needs of different learners;
● are reflective and committed to developing their own practice;
● have the sense of humour and sense of fun that are essential in working successfully in a busy, ever-changing environment.
Criteria for the post:
● A proven record of recent experience working with primary pupils within a school setting (preferred)
● English and Mathematics GCSE (minimum C Grade) or GCE O Level or equivalent (essential)
● Further relevant qualifications such as NVQ (preferred but not essential)
We can offer you:
● Happy, enthusiastic, creative children and colleagues;
● A welcoming, supportive and inclusive school ethos;
● A hard-working, positive team who are dedicated to improving the lives of children and ensuring every child achieves their full potential;
● A commitment to high quality continued professional development;
● Practice informed by evidence-based research;
● High quality, personalised CPD for all staff;
● An opportunity to be part of a collaborative Multi Academy Trust and work alongside a range of outstanding teachers, practitioners and professionals;
● Opportunities to develop your career within our Trust;
Please see the job description for further details regarding these posts.
Riviera Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its pupils. As this post meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all applicants who are offered employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and references before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
Please note, in line with our Safer Recruitment policy, references will be requested after shortlisting as part of the selection process.
The application form can be found on the school website: https://www.rivieratrust.co.uk/vacancies/
and completed applications should be sent to: HR Department, Riviera Education Trust, Oldway Primary School, Higher Polsham Road, Paignton, TQ3 2SY or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade C, Scale Point 3: £14,450 per annum (£20,812 FTE)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
30 hours per week, (8.45am - 3.15pm Monday - Friday), 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required