Based in beautiful South Devon you will work as part of a dedicated multi-disciplinary Development Management team who maintain Teignbridge’s high-quality environment and shape future developments large and small to create great places to live and work.
• Agile working – Part office based, and part home based
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Generous annual leave and wellbeing package
• Generously discounted gym membership at Teignbridge District Council Leisure Centres
• Opportunities for career and self-development
The ideal candidate:
• A professional qualification to degree level or equivalent in landscape architecture
• Membership of the Landscape Institute
• Have worked in similar roles providing advice and guidance to planners, professional agents and practitioners, and members of the public
• Enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
• Like helping people. You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure.
• Pay attention to details. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. You stay focused and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
• Communicate clearly. You can explain just about anything to anyone, and comfortable communicating in writing and on the phone.
• Think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change you flex.
Be self-motivated. You volunteer for new challenges without being asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
Read the job description and person specification - it will help you understand whether your knowledge, skills and experience match the job requirements. In your supporting statement please tell us how you meet each of the essential criteria we ask for in the person specification.
For further information and to apply please visit Job profile (teignbridge.gov.uk)
Interview Date: w/c 27th February 2023
- OrganisationTeignbridge District Council
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupHousing & PlanningEnvironment, Conservation & Waste
- Salary Details
£34,723 - £36,298 per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required