In School Alternative Provision Leader - Pilton Community College (Ventrus Multi Academy Trust)
- Multiple Locations
- Multiple Terms
- NJC Grade E £26,357 - £29,439 pro rate, per annum
Our school is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools that actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a Trust, Ventrus offers excellent career and development opportunities.
We are seeking to recruit an effective, creative, passionate, and ambitious practitioner to drive forward and expand our onsite interventions at Pilton. The in house alternative provisions are to be developed as part of our strategy to help students make sense on their world or reengage with their education.
Your role will be :
- To work with our SENDCO to develop a creative, meaningful and age appropriate programme for pupils to experience learning in the outdoor environment.
- To provide a high-quality curriculum for students who may have complex and additional educational needs.
- To develop and deliver Forest School style, out of classroom activities, appropriate to groups of children.
- To mentor and support pupils with additional needs.
- To be a lead practitioner with behaviour management techniques.
- To be an effective professional, with specialized experience or qualifications, who can instruct and assess effectively, take responsibility for professional development and ensure learners achieve well.
The right candidate will have the highest expectations; we believe our students are brilliant and can achieve wonderful things with the right teacher.
The suitable candidate(s) for this essential position will be:
- An excellent, experienced practitioner with a proven record of well planned alternative provision delivery.
- An excellent pastoral leader.
- Able to implement safe forest school style interventions for individuals and groups across a range of abilities and learning needs.
- Understand and apply a wide range of strategies to engage and inspire students and reduce barriers to learning, so that the majority make good and consistent progress in all areas to meet individual needs.
- Creative and resilient, leading in this area to deliver high quality education Committed to maintaining and nurturing our ethos where all pupils can achieve and have their needs met.
- Experienced in trauma informed practice.
- Ambitious and keen to develop this new area of out in school provision.
To apply for this role please submit your application online via the following link: In School Alternative Provision Leader (current-vacancies.com)
All shortlisted applicants will be subject to an online search.
Ventrus Multi Academy Trust require all applicants to be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship/work visas. You will be required to provide proof of Right to Work at interview stage.
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.
Please apply by 12noon on the closing date.
Interview Date: Week beginning 24th April 2023
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
NJC Grade E £26,357 - £29,439 pro rate, per annum
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
16 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required