Our school is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools that actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a Trust, Ventrus offers excellent career and development opportunities.
This is a fixed term position until 31st August 2023.
Bickleigh-on-Exe C of E Primary School is a very special place to work, in a beautiful rural location, with easy access from Exeter (20 minutes) and Tiverton (10 minutes). Our popular school is situated in the beautiful Exe Valley surrounded by farmland and the banks of the River Exe. The school enjoys extensive grounds, providing an outdoor education area, sports ground, pond and raised beds. Our dedicated team of staff and governors work together to create a school where there is a real sense of community and where teachers and learners can flourish. Our aims are straightforward. We strive to develop the intellectual, spiritual, moral, social and cultural needs of each child through high-quality teaching. We value the positive and sustained support of the parents to achieve this. Please come and visit us and see for yourself!
We can promise you a wonderful team of staff and highly supportive families. Our children are eager to learn and their behaviour is excellent. We have strong links through our multi-academy trust, Ventrus Ltd, and we enjoy being able to share expertise as well as offer school to school professional development.
We are seeking a qualified coach/HLTA to deliver Physical Education during teachers’ PPA time across our school. The successful candidate will also carry out a range of initiatives to support healthy lifestyles e.g. Golden Mile, Sports Leaders, after school clubs and competitions.
We are seeking someone with an encouraging, enthusiastic and supportive approach, along with relevant experience of working with children. Hours may be carried out over a period of three full days or a series of sessions throughout the week. Please contact the school if you wish to discuss which days / times we are able to offer.
We are seeking someone who has:
• A growth mind-set; with the ability to instil this in others
• Motivation and determination to secure the best possible outcomes for all children
• Excellent communication skills leading to effective relationships with pupils, parents and other staff
• The ability to provide rich and creative learning experiences
• A personal philosophy which supports the values of the school
• A HLTA qualification or equivalent coaching qualifications
• Experience working with children in key stages 1 and 2
We can offer you:
• Friendly and supportive governors, staff and parents
• Motivated and enthusiastic pupils
• Opportunities to develop your skills within school and within our Multi Academy Trust
• In school and Trust-wide support and CPD opportunities
• Dedicated and committed staff
• Commitment to a broad and balanced curriculum
Ventrus Multi Academy Trust require all applicants to be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions, as we are unable to offer sponsorship/work visas. You will be required to provide proof of Right to Work at interview stage.
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.
All shortlisted applicants will be subject to an online search.
To apply for this role please submit your application online via the following link; https://bickleighschool.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2923108 by 9am on the closing date.
Interview Date: Wednesday 14th December 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationMid DevonDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
Grade E: £26,357 - £29,439 FTE (This will be paid pro-rata to reflect hours and weeks worked)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypePart TimeTerm Time
24 hours per week, 39 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required