The Governing Board of Sherwell Valley Primary School is looking to appoint an inspiring Headteacher who will strive to improve the life chances of the many children we educate and care for.
Our Governors, staff and children are passionate about our school and we are excited to be able to offer an exceptional leadership opportunity that will focus on making our good school outstanding.
For you, this is a fantastic opportunity to help shape the development of one of the largest primary schools in Torbay. Sherwell Valley is a financially stable primary school, based in the thriving coastal town of Torquay in the county of Devon. It is a vibrant school where enthusiastic, happy and well-behaved children enjoy learning, and talented, experienced and hardworking teachers love to teach them. We are a proud school with a strong belief that staff flourish and children learn best when they are nurtured and supported in being the most confident that they can be.
We are looking for an individual who possesses the vision, drive and experience to lead our school community in a positive, passionate and dynamic way as we seek to deliver outstanding outcomes for all of our children and strive to provide an excellent and inclusive education to every child in our care.
We believe in the potential of every child, and aim to make excellent provision for children’s academic, social and all-round wellbeing.
We wish to appoint someone who will not only be able to build on the progress we have already made, but also bring new ideas to benefit our close school community. They will share our determination to create a safe, happy and inspiring learning environment based around our vision and core values.
Our new Headteacher will:
- Be an experienced strong, effective and credible leader with exceptional communication skills;
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of best practice in teaching and learning;
- Play a leading role in curriculum evaluation and implementation;
- Have experience of creating and leading successful initiatives to raise expectations and outcomes across a school;
- Expertly manage, coach and mentor key staff to support the quality of teaching and learning, provision, pastoral care, pupil outcomes and intervention;
- Inspire and motivate a large team, sharing a passion for best practice.
Our new Headteacher will be joining us at a time where we are looking towards creating an even brighter future for the fabulous children in our care. We aim to recruit our new Headteacher so that they can start in January 2023, or sooner.
We encourage visits in order that you can see our school in action. Visits can be arranged by contacting the school office on 01803 613296 or email@example.com.
Please apply by noon on the closing date.
Applicants will be notified of shortlisting for interview by 4 July 2022.
Interview Date: 11 and 12 July 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationTorbayDevonTorquay
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupSchool Leadership
- Salary Details
L21 - L27 £69,031 - £79,958 (depending on level of prior experience)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required