Required to start from the 1st September 2023.
Are you an exceptional and approachable leader with the ability to inspire high quality teaching and learning? Seize this wonderful and rare opportunity to lead a co-educational, selective school in the stunning setting of the English Riviera.
All staff and students are actively encouraged to build self-esteem and work towards the school motto of learning to create a better world.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a Headteacher who will build on our ethos and achievements ensuring that our students achieve their academic and personal goals within a friendly and nurturing school which has their welfare at its heart, whilst bringing their own vision and style to this successful school. The Governors are proud of the school and are looking for someone who will uphold our excellent reputation and nurture our existing positive relations with staff, parents, carers and the wider community.
The Headteacher will:
- Have a clear vision and the commitment to ensure that every pupil achieves their full potential and attains the best possible outcomes.
- Be an inclusive leader with a strong sense of moral purpose, ethical principles and values.
- Be committed to promoting exceptional opportunities for every student whatever their background and who believes in celebrating diversity.
- Have proven extensive leadership skills to challenge, inspire and drive improvements for staff and pupils.
- Be committed to safeguarding and the welfare of all pupils, ensuring a caring and nurturing environment.
- Have excellent communication skills that allow you to build and sustain strong relationships with all internal and external stakeholders including our wider community.
- Take lead of the financial management and strategic planning of the school.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to follow our vision and shape the continued and future success of Churston Ferrers Grammar School, continuing to provide our students with a broad, balanced and enriching curriculum.
- An experienced, creative and dedicated staff team who provide high quality teaching and learning opportunities, challenging all students whilst giving them the opportunity to flourish and succeed.
- A dedicated Governing Body who are all very engaged and determined to help you and support the school towards the school motto of learning to create a better world.
- A supportive parent community and an outstanding PTA that play a key role in raising funds for the school and are invested in their children’s education.
- Access to a tailored CPD programme using Bluesky.
- Extensive grounds for all our sporting activities including our own swimming pool.
To view the full application pack, please click here
Churston Ferrers Grammar School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check and references will be taken for all shortlisted candidates.
Please read the enclosed job description and person specification very carefully.
Please complete the Teaching Staff application form which can be accessed from our school
website https://churstongrammar.com/information/vacancies. This will automatically be received by the school.
Please ensure your supporting statement relates to the competencies outlined in the person
If you experience any technical issues in the completion of your application, please email
email@example.com with the subject title of ‘URGENT – Headteacher application
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9.00 am on Friday 27 January 2023.
Interview Date: Will be held on 6 & 7 February 2023.