Are you a dedicated and highly proficient individual looking to develop your HR practice in a supportive team environment and progress your career in a growing organisation within the education sector? If so, the expansion of the WeST HR team could provide the opportunity to take the next exciting step in your journey and we would be keen to hear from you.
WeST is a complex schools trust that is maturing rapidly, and this post provides an exciting opportunity to join an organisation with students and staff at its heart, built on an extensive track record of excellence.
Our Trust consists of 27 schools (in both primary and secondary phases) and The Learning Institute (TLI). Our schools are in relatively close geographical proximity to one another, across south Devon, Plymouth and south-east Cornwall. We are positioned in the heart of the south-west peninsula, a stone’s throw from some of the most picturesque countryside and coastal locations in the UK.
The Trust is an exciting place to work, with lots of aspirational professionals – and other occupational benefits too which come as part of your employment through WeST:
• Regular CPD opportunities, as well as support to achieve CIPD qualifications through the apprenticeship Levy or other appropriate routes.
• A defined HR career structure.
• Generous contractual provisions around maternity, annual leave and sick pay.
• Membership of the Local Government Pension scheme, one of the most generous schemes in the UK with high employer contributions through national provider Peninsula Pensions.
• Free eye tests and contributions towards VDU use glasses through a choice of national opticians.
• The opportunity to buy a bike or the latest Tech through our cycle and Tech schemes. You pay nothing upfront and the payments are taken tax efficiently from your salary through salary sacrifice.
• An Employee Assistance Programme to all of our employees.
• Free Parking on-site
• Access to community sports centre gym facilities (based in secondary schools)
What does the role involve?
The postholder will report to a HR Business Partner.
The HR Officer will, as a minimum, have had some exposure to generalist HR work and preferably demonstrate experience of supporting leaders with employee relations cases. The ideal candidate will be looking to develop in this role and progress to HR Advisor. They will support a HR Business Partner in providing advice and support on a broad range of employee relations matters for a portfolio of primary and secondary schools, helping to ensure timely progression of queries and cases.
Individuals in this role will also support the continuous improvement of the HR Service through their contribution to policy and project work and will be strong team players with the ability to work on their own initiative and make judgements within the boundaries of their role.
Stakeholder management is key and there will be a high level of interaction with colleagues at all levels in the provision of support, advice and guidance.
We expect the ideal candidate to be committed to their own personal development and be qualified to/working towards (or willing to work towards) the CIPD level five. Support will be provided to enable this via apprenticeships or other appropriate routes.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A DBS check is required for this post.
Are there opportunities for progression?
There are excellent opportunities for progression with the post-holder being able to progress to HR Advisor (grade F; currently £29,174 - £32,798 with national pay award pending) once able to demonstrate the necessary level of generalist HR experience to support their own portfolio of primary schools.
Where can I find further information?
For an informal discussion regarding this role please contact Louise Rowe, HR Business Partner on mob. 07796119874 or Jocelyn Davis, Director of People, on mob. 07799730789.
How do I apply?
The application forms and full job descriptions are available are available at https://www.tes.com/jobs/vacancy/human-resources-officer-plymouth-1683276 or from email@example.com.
Completed applications to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on the closing date*.
*PLEASE NOTE: The Trust reserves the right to call suitable candidates for interview on receipt of applications prior to the date above, and may close the vacancy early if successful appointments are made.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationPlymouthDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupHR & Recruitment
- Salary Details
£24,432 - £27,514(national pay award pending)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required