Action for Children has a vision for every child and young person in the country to have a safe and happy childhood and the foundations they need to thrive.
We’re looking for extraordinary people who have a passion for children and young people to foster. You’ll be a naturally empathic, caring and resilient person with the time and space to commit to the role. You can work alongside fostering, providing you have the flexibility to balance meetings, training, working commitments alongside the caring requirements of a child.
If you can provide a loving and stable home for a child who can no longer live with their family, and can see behind behaviours caused by trauma we would love to hear from you..
To become a Foster Carer, you will need to possess the following:
• Have a spare bedroom in your home
• Be over the age of 21
• The ability to care for a child alongside any other responsibilities
• Be willing to train and develop your skills, with us, to provide the best outcomes for vulnerable young people
As a Foster Carer, you will benefit from:
• Outstanding 24 hour support
• Extensive training and development
• Paid planned breaks
• Careful matching
• Competitive pay
• Support groups and social events
Being a Foster Carer is no ordinary role and can be challenging as well as highly rewarding, for you and the child. We’ll be there with you, supporting and guiding you every step of the way.
To register your interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationDevon
- Occupational GroupSocial Care & Health
- Salary Details
£420 - £550 per week and allowances plus additional tax benefits
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required