Fixed contract for 18 months, with the possibility of a permanent contract.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join a busy finance office team at Teignbridge District Council to assist with the design, development, change, implementation, testing and integration of all financial systems, processes, procedures, and reports.
You will provide support and training to end users of all financial systems, including user management, onboarding new staff members and any other administration as required. You will help with the creation of key user documentation for all financial systems, processes, and procedures. Where necessary, you will be supporting with future upgrades and optimisation of any implemented solutions within the finance department, including systems and reporting solutions. You will assist with the management, development, and training of a relevant Accounting Technician.
We’re a values-based organisation all working together to achieve our vision of “Making Teignbridge a healthy and desirable place where people want to live, work and visit”. We do this by taking personal ownership for the quality of the work we do, the quality of the relationships we develop and for driving improvements in our services.
We can off the following:
- A generous flexi scheme with up to 2 days flexi per month that can be taken.
- Hybrid working with 50 percent of the hours that can be worked from home.
- A refurbished zero carbon emissions office space.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Generous annual leave and wellbeing package.
- Discounted gym membership at Teignbridge District Council Leisure Centres.
- Opportunities for career development and learning opportunities.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience of managing, developing, implementing, overseeing change to, testing and integration of financial systems, including Payroll, to ensure accurate reporting of management accounts for all levels of internal and external customers.
- Has experience in reviewing and analysing current financial systems, processes and procedures.
- Can manage daily monitoring of the financial systems to ensure exports, imports and any other batch processes are running smoothly.
- Ensures the production of system documentation to support users with the financial systems, updating as and when required post upgrades/changes.
- Will have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to adapt to any given audience.
- Enjoys solving problems, finding creative solutions to challenges.
- Is self-motivated and aspire to make a difference.
- Pays attention to details.
It is vital to read the job description and person specification for this role - it will help you understand whether your knowledge, skills and experience match the job requirements. In your supporting statement please tell us how you meet each of the essential criteria we ask for in the person specification.
For an informal discussion please contact Steve Wotton on 01626 215253.
For further in formation and to apply please visit Job search (teignbridge.gov.uk).
Please apply by midnight on the closing date.
Interview Date: Week beginning 11th March 2024
- OrganisationTeignbridge District Council
- Work LocationTeignbridgeDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupITAdministrative, Secretarial & Office SupportFinance & Accounting
- Salary Details
£41,418 - £43,421 – per annum
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required