Required as soon as possible.
Ladysmith Federation is looking to appoint a Family Support Worker to join our highly successful Junior school.
The role will involve working with the growing number of families and children where emotional, social and health issues in the family are impacting upon the children’s ability to successfully access education and achieve their full potential.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can work as part of an integrated team in respect of ensuring improved outcomes for children including improved attendance and engagement in learning;
- Has experience of working with external agencies to ensure all pupils have full access to educational opportunities and are able to overcome barriers to learning and participation;
- Has the professional skills and knowledge to develop effective relationships with parents, families, children and other partners;
- Can assist in the development and delivery of educational support packages with children and young people and their families in school and in the family home and in other settings as required by the role;
- Can work with families in challenging circumstances;
- Has good written and verbal communication skills, and is able to demonstrate resilience and flexibility as well as being able to prioritise and work both independently and as part of a team.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Your completed application form should be returned to email@example.com.
- OrganisationDevon County Schools
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£12.66 - £14.26 per hour (depending on experience)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypePart Time/Term TimePart TimeTerm Time
15 hours per week, 38 weeks per annum
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required