Location: The Promise School, Okehampton
Required to start September 2022.
We are delighted to be part of Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust which came into effect on 1st January 2018. Our Trust consists of a total of 3 secondary schools and 14 primary schools and provides further opportunity for sharing good practice and resources and for staff development. In addition, the Trust is opening a Free School for children with social, emotional and mental health challenges, in September 2022.
You will be required to work flexibly at any of the premises occupied by the Employer or any of the Employer’s Academies within Devon as directed by the Employer.
To provide high quality, well planned pastoral support and guidance to children and young people and their families in order to promote high expectations, raise aspirations and facilitate academic progress. To enable all children and young people to develop personal excellence and a sense of pride within the school.
- To identify children and young people and families in need of additional support and promote effective home-school partnerships.
- To engage with vulnerable children and families in order to formulate a package of support
- To act as a point of contact in school for children and families in need of support
- To build effective relationships with families
- To maintain regular contact with families of children receiving support to encourage positive family involvement in the child’s learning
- To monitor attendance, behaviour and achievement of targeted pupils.
- In conjunction with the class teachers resolve issues that are impacting on academic performance in a timely manner.
- Establish good working relationships with children and young people, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Provide consistent support to all children and young people, responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promote self-esteem and independence, employing strategies to recognise and reward achievement within established school procedure
- Use specialist (curricular/learning) skills/training/experience to support children and young people
- To ensure that parents/carers are fully involved in their child’s pastoral care by establishing regular contact with those in the most need.
- Provide mentoring to small groups of children to secure their academic progress.
- To track and evaluate the impact of support plans.
- Leading and supporting with EHAs, CIN and CP caseloads
- To prepare documentation for and liaise with stakeholders involved in the pastoral care of children and young people both within and outside of the school.
- Liaise in the community and with external agencies as directed to secure the wellbeing of targeted children.
- To ensure information is forwarded to the Designated Safeguarding Lead as appropriate
- To maintain record keeping in accordance with the policies and procedures in place in school, including case studies
- To undertake training and development relevant to the post and in line with the school’s priorities, especially safeguarding practice.
- To ensure case records are maintained in relation to the work done and to provide reports about the work undertaken to a variety of audiences.
- To contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of the services provided and ensure the information is recorded about the activities of the postholder and the service.
- To undertake any other duties as directed by the Principal.
All schools in The Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS).
For further information and to apply for this post please visit the vacancies page on our Trust website https://www.dartmoormat.org.uk/
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationWest DevonDevon
- Occupational GroupEducation Support
- Salary Details
£25,432 per annum (FTE)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
Full-Time (Part-time may be considered for suitable candidate)
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required