From September 2022, we have a unique and exciting opportunity for an inspirational teacher and leader to make a significant impact across the wider school and local community in the area of performing arts.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, ambitious and proven successful leader of Drama or Music, who wishes to develop their leadership potential, to transform our school and local community in the performing, creative and cultural arts.
This is an exciting opportunity to teach Drama or Music on a reduced timetable whilst being given significant time and resources to lead on the whole school development of performing, creative and cultural arts. The successful candidate will also line manage the Art, Drama and Music Departments.
The successful candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher with proven leadership skills at department level who can demonstrate a track record of high academic outcomes at KS4 and KS5 and high levels of retention of students numbers in their subject.
- be able to inspire students, staff and the wider community to increase participation in extra-curricular opportunities in performing, creative and cultural arts.
- lead with exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills and build on their own strong networks of local and national practitioners.
Please contact the Headteacher, Dan Roberts, at firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal discussion about the role or to arrange a visit.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
“Devonport High School for Boys is an outstanding school and has an outstanding capacity for sustained development.” Ofsted February 2011
Please return your completed application form direct to the school by 9am on the closing date.
Interview date: w/c23rd may 2022
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationPlymouth
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupTeaching - Secondary
- Salary Details
MPS/UPS + TLR £8,411
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull Time
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required