Fixed Term 20 Month Apprenticeship
Devon Procurement Service is currently recruiting for a Business Administration Apprentice within the Business Services and Supplies Category Team. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to participate in our Step-In Apprenticeship Programme.
Find out more at https://new.devon.gov.uk/workingfordevon/work-in/apprenticeships/
- What is Procurement? The procurement team works with other teams across the Council to contract with suppliers, usually via a competitive tendering process, to obtain the goods and services it needs to support service delivery to the community of Devon.
- Your role: Your role will be to provide administrative support to our team of four procurement staff . It will be an interesting and rewarding role. You will learn about procurement, to use e-procurement software, problem solving, attend and support meetings, tender evaluations and supplier events etc. You will be fully supported and trained to undertake the role and to develop all the necessary skills. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to gain new skills, knowledge and experience through both on the job and apprenticeship training.
- The Apprenticeship: Starting in September/October the duration of the Apprenticeship contract will be 20 months; the Apprentice will work towards achieving an Apprenticeship in Business Administration (Level 3) for which one day per week of off-the-job training/study time will be provided.
- Working Arrangements: We offer a highly competitive starting salary of £18,516 per annum (£9.60 per hour), 25 days holiday and flexible working arrangements. It is anticipated that there will be a combination of office and home working but this will be down to individual circumstances and County Council guidance.
- Applicants should be:
- Keen, willing and enthusiastic to learn and be motivated to succeed
- Interested in working with and supporting the Business team and learning more about procurement.
- Able to work individually with colleague support as well as part of a small team.
- Keen to build good working relationships with colleagues and others within the Council.
- Ideally applicants will have a working knowledge of Excel and Word, however relevant training will be provided
- Of suitable academic ability i.e., minimum qualifications of grade C (4) GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- Interview: The anticipated date for interviews is week commencing 29th August, which will be held at County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter, EX2 4QD. We will provide more details on this process to shortlisted candidates.
- Further information: For further information please call 01392 383000 which will take you through to an automated directory and request to speak to either Louise Baker or Mark Sibley for an informal chat.
This is an extremely exciting time to join us as we invest in the future Council workforce. If you have the ambition, drive and qualities we are looking for, then apply for our Step-In Apprenticeship Programme today!
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- DCC embraces the positive benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and safe. We welcome applications from people who share our commitment to stop discrimination, challenge inequality and promote diversity across Devon. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity webpages.
- The Council offers flexible working arrangements in terms of when and where people work e.g. hybrid working, part-time, condensed hours etc.
- This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
- Personal data we collect from you will be processed in accordance with the Applicant privacy notice.
- Happy to Talk Flexible Working.
- For more information about Working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.
- OrganisationDevon County Council
- Work LocationExeterDevon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupApprenticeships/Training Programmes/Work Experience
- Salary Details
£18,516 - £18,887 per annum (pending the 2022/23 pay award)
- Job TermFixed
- Appointment TypeFull Time
37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required