Responsible to: SLT PA & Communications Officer
Work Pattern: Part time or full time considered but term time only.
Full time 37.5 hours per week 38.8 weeks per year, general working hours will be 8.30-4.30pm, term time only
Part time 25 hours per week 38.8 weeks per year, 9.00am -2.30pm Monday - Friday (hours negotiable), term time only
Required to start as soon as possible.
The Attendance Administrator will work as a member of the Park School office team, and alongside key school staff, to promote excellent attendance and punctuality, reduce levels of absence and work with children and families to promote high levels of attendance. The post holder will:
1. Promote and support high levels of attendance in order to meet Government targets.
2. Support students and families to achieve full academic potential through excellent attendance.
3. Promote a positive attendance and punctuality culture.
1. Foster community links
2. Liaise with TLP, service providers, schools and colleges
3. Inform and monitor whole school targets
4. Work to strengthen and enhance The Park Community School’s values and culture
5. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Key Function 1 – Monitor and Record Students Attendance
• To work closely with the other Attendance Officer to ensure all attendance matters are effectively completed
• To ensure all registers are completed on a daily basis and that missing marks or unexplained absences are promptly accounted for and followed through in line with the School’s Attendance policy.
• To check and remind staff to complete registers.
• To follow School Policy of ‘first day contact’ within the school.
• To maintain an accurate system for students signing in/out of school.
• To liaise with alternative provider’s daily regarding Park students’ attendance as appropriate and maintain accurate records for students with part-time timetables and those who are dual registered.
• To monitor the daily attendance of identified vulnerable students, contacting parents if absent and liaising with key colleagues to highlight attendance concerns.
• To respond to and coordinate telephone calls and walkie talkie requests regarding student attendance with parents and the Senior Leadership Team.
• To collate, maintain and update attendance data ensuring timely input of relevant information i.e. exams, music lessons, sporting events, work based learning appointments, absence requests, trips etc and to keep management and other relevant staff updated as appropriate regarding student absence.
• To coordinate parent/carer requests for absence, liaising with colleagues and agencies as appropriate, recording, monitoring and updating attendance marks and producing letters.
• To produce accurate records/reports relating to penalty notices and court hearings.
• To attend the school’s EWO meetings, prepare Attendance letters and ensure records are kept up to date.
• To attend and take notes in parent/Head of Year meetings where appropriate
• To produce half termly/termly attendance certificates.
• To prioritise work in conjunction with the Deputy Head / Head of Year and under the direction of the School’s Education Welfare Lead in accordance with the Attendance Policy.
• To liaise with colleagues about individuals and groups of students, using regular attendance checks and contact with parents/carers and students to improve levels of attendance.
• To collate information with regard to the attendance of students who may be experiencing attendance difficulties in order to inform school, Education Welfare and parents/carers.
• To collate information with regard to the punctuality of students who may be experiencing difficulties in order to inform school, Education Welfare and parents/carers.
• To maintain confidentiality at all times when working with other agencies and honour information sharing and personal data collection protocols.
Key Function 2 – Reporting on Attendance
• To input, monitor and report attendance throughout the academic year.
• To assist and check records prior to the Census to ensure school attendance is accurate and up to date.
• To produce and interpret information relating to attendance and late patterns.
• To assist with the identification of individual students and vulnerable groups requiring support to improve their attendance record.
• To work with the Senior Leadership Team/Heads of Year, Agencies, Local Authority and families to exchange information and determine appropriate levels of intervention.
• To coordinate parental support, advice and guidance where appropriate in improving their child’s attendance, including liaison with regard to home and school visits with the designated EWO.
• To produce weekly and other periodic reports as directed by the designated EWO/Head of Year/Deputy Head
• To liaise with designated colleagues for issues relating to Child Protection and record information on our Safeguarding system.
• To keep up to date with relevant policies, legislation and Absence Recording systems.
• To produce half termly data to allow for comparison and analysis.
Key Function 3 – Support the Office Team
• Supporting the production and data input of timely sanction and admissions communications and information, including following up and administrative actions arising from these.
• Assist with other student data input and updating student records.
• The post holder will work as part of the Office Administration team and will be required to support the team with other administrative, communication and receptionist duties as directed by the line manager.
• Flexibility of working hours may be required on occasions.
Please return your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OrganisationOther Organisations
- Work LocationNorth Devon
- Work Postcode
- Occupational GroupAdministrative, Secretarial & Office Support
- Salary Details
£16,633 per annum for 37.5 hours per week; £11,089 per annum for 25 hours per week, including holiday pay (£19,264 - £20,043 FTE)
- Job TermPermanent
- Appointment TypeFull TimePart TimeTerm Time
Full time 37.5 hours per week or Part time 25 hours per week
- Closing Date
- DBS Check Required