- OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- VENTRUS MULTI ACADEMY TRUST
- Work Location
- Chaddiford Lane, Barnstaple, Devon EX31 1RB
- Pupils on Roll
- Occupational group
- Salary details
- £36,153 - £39,961
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- 26 February 2019
- Interview date
- 1 March 2019
Pilton Community College is a member of Ventrus, a group of Devon schools who actively collaborate to improve children's outcomes. As a trust, we offer excellent career and development opportunities.
Pilton Community College is situated in the beautiful town of Barnstaple, North Devon.
We are seeking to recruit an individual with a proven track record of successfully delivering integrated ICT solutions, in a large and diverse organisation. We require a conscientious and visionary ICT Network Manager to lead and manage a small team. The successful candidate will work with the school’s senior leadership team to design and deliver safe and functional ICT systems. The management of the ICT estate must support staff in their delivering of high quality teaching and learning, as well as ensuring the smooth running of the school. We are looking for candidates with experience in all aspects of ICT network management. The successful applicant will also be required to offer ICT support to school staff, as well as to the Trust’s executive leadership team, contributing to effective decision making, the development of our ICT estate and ICT procurement, and leading across the Trust on GDPR compliance, in relation to ICT.
The successful candidate must:
- Good communication and problem solving skills.
- Have the ability to implement and produce ICT based policies and procedures.
- Be able to work independently, using their own initiative.
- Be adaptable and to able work at a fast pace, while meeting the needs of staff, students and parents, as appropriate.
A good working knowledge of a full range of networking technologies, which should include most of those listed below, is required for this post:
- virtualised server environments (Hyper-V) including high availability systems (SANs, iSCSI, Fibre Channel)
- network infrastructure and intrusion prevention (firewalling, switching, routing, VLANs) and experience with widespread deployment of managed wireless solutions
- desktop delivery and application management (Microsoft System Centre or equivalent) Identity and authentication management (Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos)
- Email and messaging solutions (particularly Microsoft Exchange Servers)
- deployment of desktop and application virtualisation (Microsoft RemoteApp or equivalent)
- experience with the unique demands of an educational environment or with specialist educational software (e.g. SIMS .net Management Information System)
- knowledge and hands-on experience with non-Microsoft platforms (Apple Mac OS X, Linux) and automation techniques (shell scripting, Python, VB Script etc.)
- deployment, control and security of BYOD mobile devices via the school WiFi (Aerohive)
- managing a support team and help desk service, including the prioritisation of conflicting tasks
- oversight of all aspects of IT policy and strategic planning, in conjunction with the school management and directors
Ventrus is an equal opportunities employer, committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced disclosure is required for this post.
Please explain your suitability for this post in your supporting statement.
To apply for the role please follow the attached link: https://ventrus.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1521678?cid=1711.
Please apply by 9.30 on the closing date.