- OTHER ORGANISATIONS
- DEVON & SOMERSET FIRE & RESCUE SERVICE
- Work Location
- Based at Service Headquarters, Clyst St George, Exeter
- Occupational group
- Salary details
- Grade 7: £33,136 - £37,107 (+£5,000 Market Supplement)
- Job term
- Appointment type
- Full Time
- Closing Date
- 25 February 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of a large-scale digital transformation of the Fire Service. This is a rare opportunity to radically transform the way the Fire Service operates with its technology. As part of the Fire Service's ICT department, you will be working on agile development projects that make a real difference.
Day-to-day, you will be part of an agile development team creating new applications, to be used by front-line and back-office staff, using up-to-date technology utilising Java, React and Spring on a RESTful microservices architecture.
Essential requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Experience of working effectively at a practitioner level with a software development function with experience of the design and full lifecycle development of mission critical ICT Services utilising Agile methodologies;
- Creative, innovative and resourceful in problem solving and developing improvements;
- Excellent customer service approach with ability to communicate effectively at all levels;
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) with relevant post qualification experience.
For further information, please contact Antony Lees by email in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please visit www.dsfire.gov.uk (click on the ‘Working for Us’ and ‘Vacancies’ tabs).